Favorite Whitetail Knife

Just wondering what everyone's carrying when they hunt whitetail deer. I'm planning on carrying a Dozier Straight Hunter this year, hopefully rotating a Griffith and a Hendrix in the mix if I get my act together money-wise.

I can't believe the prices on Hendrix's knives!! I have one of his Herron designs with a guard and It is nice! You can get one of his knives with no bolster for under $100 with a mirror finish and a decent sheath!!
I just ordered a Sniper from Lynn, that wont be going into the woods though.....
I make several hunters and usually bring more that one when I go hunting, for R&D purposes. I like a smaller knife for field dressing and a large, big bellied knife for skinning.
Neil

------------------
http://members.aol.com/blademakr/BlackwoodWP.html

Griffith and a Hendrix in the mix if I get my act together money-wise.

Now is the time to order for hunting season. My ad comes out in Blade Oct. 12th. I expect to be swamped. Actually I already am. Would really like to make one for you. Let me know if I can help you in any way.

Thanks,

------------------
Lynn Griffith-Tactical Knifemaker
Winner of "Best Tactical Knife" at 1999 PKA show
My website
See my award winning "Spec Ops Tanto" in Gallery 3 of my website
GriffithKN@aol.com
Discounts to Police and Active Duty Military

Now is that premium customer relations or what?! Thanks, Lynn, and I'll take your advice on that one. Keep up the quality work-both your knives and your PR are A#1.
Paul

For actually dressing deer, the Gerber Gator serrated is hard to beat.If it starts out sharp, it can handle two or three carcasses before needing attention.I may carry a pretty knife on my hip, and usually do,but the Gerber sees the most action.

------------------
"To grow older is inevitable.To grow UP is optional."

For actually dressing deer, the Gerber Gator serrated is hard to beat.If it starts out sharp, it can handle two or three carcasses before needing attention.I may carry a pretty knife on my hip, and usually do,but the Gerber sees the most action.

You are actually reccomending 420 steel for edge holding? Wait till you try properly heattreated ATS-34. Like the songs says "You ain't seen nothing yet"

------------------
My website
GriffithKN@aol.com

Buck 110 still sees a lot of action.

But I like the Fallkniven F1.

------------------
I don't want my children fed or clothed by the state, but I would prefer THAT to their being educated by the state.

YeeeHawwww! Just placed my order for a Griffith Large Hunter. Lynn, ever the gentleman, e-mailed back and forth with me until he was satisfied I had chosen the right blade for my needs. I'll let you all know how it dresses out the big 12 point I'll be getting this season (although I have no doubt it'll perform perfectly)! Thanks, Lynn, and good hunting to all!

Thanks, Lynn,

Thank you. It is my priveledge to get to make a knife for you. I appreciate your order. I look forward to your report on how it works for you.

Thanks again,

------------------
My website
GriffithKN@aol.com

Back