FD! Anyone get Dad a Traditional knife??

I did too. I got my Dad a Case Yellow handle Sodbuster Jr. in CV with "WOODLEY" laser etched on the handle! Great knife! I've been hand convexing the edge a few nights a week for the last couple of weeks. Getting "scary sharp"!

I was trying to make him one , missed it by that much. Definitely have it sorted out by his B-day in Nov. This year , he gets AMMO !

Giving him a knife for FD has become a tradition for my dad and me over the last 10 years or so.
This year it is a little straight jack by Richard Rogers and I can not wait to see his smile.

I have given my father knives every year but there is one pattern I have never gifted to him. When I was a wee lad the first knife Pop gave me was a Barlow, I still have that knife over 40 years later. Pop will be 77 this year....it is time he got a Barlow from me. Tomorrow he will receive this Russell in stag and a pocket clip William and Henry pouch to carry it in.

dad2.jpg

Giving My Dad a Case Sodbuster. It will be his big pocketknife!! He has always loved those little tiny Parker lockbacks. :rolleyes:
Chickenplucker

Pop was very happy with his Russell...gave it to him earlier today and he was thrilled. Going back in a bit to cook smelt and fries for dinner,,,,

One year for FD I gave my father a Case Medium Stockman, the Kentucky Bluegrass model.

He was really knocked out by it.

My daughter gave me a peanut. It's my first peanut and it looks like it will be a handy little critter.

I received a Buck 301, a knife I have looked at getting for years. It now joins my Camillus/Buck 303.

(Now truth be told, I ordered it, but they gave it to me. Works for me.)

I got a cordless 18V Hitachi from the kids...( poor mans lathe ;) ).
But I did by myself a couple kissing crane slips and a couple sodbusters.
One of which I taped to the package I gave to my dad.

My daughter got me a SAK with a blade that has 3 different sized cigar punches. Smart girl! :)

My mother actually got me a pretty cool SAK. The Swisscard. It is the perfect complement for any slippie I may have on me.

Some may not call it traditional, but my daughter got me my favorite pattern of William Henry, a discontinued model called T-09, Some refer to it as a Kestral, a real classic design. But it came with nice ironwood handles and I was quite pleased. It is one of my traditional EDC's. :)
James

Back