feedback issues

hornetguy

Gold Member
Am I the only one that cannot seem to get feedback to work, about 80% of the time? I keep getting a popup saying I need to post a valid thread, or I need to choose positive or negative... this is after I've done all of that.

Is there a tutorial somewhere about the proper way to post feed back that I've missed?

I used to think I was fairly intelligent...:(

I keep getting a popup saying I need to post a valid thread, or I need to choose positive or negative....

That message usually means that both parties have not posted in the selected thread.

Did you both post in the thread?

Yes. He was the seller, I was the buyer. This has happened nearly every time I've tried to leave feedback.

I don't buy or sell on the forum, so I've never used the silly thing. Best I can do is make some secondary suggestions which I have seen work in other instances.

Since you have both posted in the thread, I have two suggestions:
1) Sometimes the feedback phrasing triggers the Spam filters. Rephrase your feedback so that it has no links, no special characters, and is about 2 or 3 sentences long.
2) If that does not work, then it may be a cookie problem.
  • log out of BF.
  • Clear your browser's cookies.
  • Close your browser.
  • Then open your browser, log in, and try again to leave feedback.
If neither of those work, then I'm stumped.

I don't buy or sell on the forum, so I've never used the silly thing. Best I can do is make some secondary suggestions which I have seen work in other instances.

Since you have both posted in the thread, I have two suggestions:
1) Sometimes the feedback phrasing triggers the Spam filters. Rephrase your feedback so that it has no links, no special characters, and is about 2 or 3 sentences long.
2) If that does not work, then it may be a cookie problem.
  • log out of BF.
  • Clear your browser's cookies.
  • Close your browser.
  • Then open your browser, log in, and try again to leave feedback.
If neither of those work, then I'm stumped.
Thanks.... I'll give that a try...

Also make sure the thread in question is in the Exchange...other sales threads in maker's sub-forums don't count.
Yes, thanks.. these have been regular purchases and sales in the "old timey" for sale area...

I was curious if there is anything I can do as a buyer to get feedback, I think I have just one despite buying about 2 dozen knives so far. I always post in the sellers thread and all have been excellent transactions. Thanks!

I was curious if there is anything I can do as a buyer to get feedback, I think I have just one despite buying about 2 dozen knives so far. I always post in the sellers thread and all have been excellent transactions. Thanks!

This is what I do : Once I receive a knife, I either email/PM the seller that I got the knife, am happy with the deal and am going to leave feedback for them. I then ask if they would do the same. Most of the time, I'll get feedback. Not always though. I will not bug them about it.
You really don't need feedback to prove your standing on BF. You'd be surprised at how many people will check your profile page to see where you're active at. That tells a bigger story than feedback.

The above post is a good idea.

For what it's worth, feedback as a buyer is probably the least likely to receive and holds the least amount of "merit" as it is the simplest party within a transaction to complete your responsibilities. Pay and then let the seller know you've received it. That's pretty much all there is to it. Sellers and traders have more on their plate to make for a positive transaction.

Back