Feedback on my Tanto design

Status
Not open for further replies.
04pXAbF.jpg

I can't tell, Damneddesigns Damneddesigns , is this a real knife or a CAD rendering?

I like it, but seems like it was designed to be more aesthetically tanto than a useable tanto if that makes sense.

I prefer a graceful design like a CRK tanto rather than a harsher Medford, angular design.

It is a nice looking design though.

Appreciate the feedback!

If the blade is ground thin, this could be pretty neat. I also love what you did with the screw - turning it into a smiley with a blacked out eye. Too damn funny!

This pic is a closeup I cropped from a Heeter knife. Looks unintentionally, hilariously horrified, or terrified. The face is probably cringing in shame at the rest of the knife:

AF792713-7825-4-CD3-9-BF3-1-FB27325234-C.jpg

Thanks! Mine is intentional since that's my logo :D

They're renders :D

So questions about the knife's functionality, cutting performance, etc., can't be answered. Good to know! :thumbsup:

So, what preferences did you incorporate into the design and why?
What have you designed the knife to do? What is its application?
Also, have you made actual knives in the past?

It looks a little too beefy for my taste. If that is your goal, unfortunately I am not your target group. Maybe if it would be stretched out a little, I would actually have use for it.
slHoOp3.jpg

Do you have to lock side render? I am curious now.

So questions about the knife's functionality, cutting performance, etc., can't be answered. Good to know! :thumbsup:

So, what preferences did you incorporate into the design and why?
What have you designed the knife to do? What is its application?
Also, have you made actual knives in the past?

I've made 2 protos so far, both have been reviewed by the Apex pass around group. I've taken the sheepsfoot to production now and hope to have it ready for Blade west. I used what i've learned from the protos and feedback to improve a lot of areas like gimping etc.
W.R.T application, i didn't have anything specific in mind. Next step is to make protos and get feedback before deciding to take it to production but I might take it straight to production to sell at Blade.

It looks a little too beefy for my taste. If that is your goal, unfortunately I am not your target group. Maybe if it would be stretched out a little, I would actually have use for it.

Do you have to lock side render? I am curious now.

Here you gountitled.191.jpg

I feel you need to work out some more details on it, like maybe adding crooked face logo on the clip in a slightly contrasting color, and whether or not you will add some branding and steel type on the blade. The blade looks to blank now. Remember you need to get your name out there, so people that get this knife in their hands need to be able to see who made it.

I feel you need to work out some more details on it, like maybe adding crooked face logo on the clip in a slightly contrasting color, and whether or not you will add some branding and steel type on the blade. The blade looks to blank now. Remember you need to get your name out there, so people that get this knife in their hands need to be able to see who made it.

I wanted to keep the branding minimalist hence the integration with the screw at the butt of the handle. The blade will only have steel type.

I wanted to keep the branding minimalist hence the integration with the screw at the butt of the handle. The blade will only have steel type.

Honestly, I would worry a lot more about what features you are putting into this knife to make it perform its intended function, more than I would worry about "branding."

As you said, you had no application in mind when you designed this. Knives that don't work, all style no substance, no matter how clever or minimalist the logo is, rarely succeed.

Honestly, I would worry a lot more about what features you are putting into this knife to make it perform its intended function, more than I would worry about "branding."

As you said, you had no application in mind when you designed this. Knives that don't work, all style no substance, no matter how clever or minimalist the logo is, rarely succeed.

It's a knife, it's sharp, as long as the ergos are good, i assume you can use it for anything that you use a knife for. I get different blade shapes have different uses ex slicing/ scraping etc. What application do you see this knife design can't be used for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back