Fehrman Question

Hello

Does anyone have both the kydex and leather sheaths from Fehrman? I plan on getting a Final Judgement, and need to descide on a sheath. Any help would be appreciatred. Thanks.

Dr. Thor,

Where will you be using it (environment) mostly? Wet conditions? jungle? general North American Continent? Kydex will serve you well in all environments, but in seriously wet conditons, or jungle, any leather sheath may rot or shink/expand. However, in general, in the North AMerican continent, the sturdy leather sheaths of Fehrman knives will serve you very well.

Best,

Brian.

I will be mostly useing it in Ontario, camping and such. I expect it to be dry most of the time, I dont really like camping in the rain. :) I also dont expect to be in a jungle any time soon. I guess I will go with the leather.

The leather sheaths are very stong made, plus they have a kydex liner which keeps the blade secure aka tight fit.

I have all leather sheaths with my Fehrmans and they are built like tanks and I havent had a problem with any of them, and they have seen some pretty bad conditions.

Plus the saftey of the kydex liner is great incase you fall you dont have to worry about the blade coming threw the sheath like you would with a standard leather sheath without kydex, so it also makes a good saftey feature along with holding the blade firm in the sheath.

Also since you get alot of leather, you can use the sheath to strop your blade incase it needs a touch up, I have done this a few times and it works pretty good, just add some stropping compound and strop away.

Congrats on getting a Fehrman, you will be very happy once you get it. :)

Yes Congrats on the Fehrman you will love it. That said, I really don't use the leather sheath that came with my First Strike. It's kind of big and adds weight. I prefer the after market sheaths or to make one of my own with kydex. Either way, I think you'll be happy.

S.

featherstone45 said:
The leather sheaths are very stong made, plus they have a kydex liner which keeps the blade secure aka tight fit.

I have all leather sheaths with my Fehrmans and they are built like tanks and I havent had a problem with any of them, and they have seen some pretty bad conditions.

Plus the saftey of the kydex liner is great incase you fall you dont have to worry about the blade coming threw the sheath like you would with a standard leather sheath without kydex, so it also makes a good saftey feature along with holding the blade firm in the sheath.

Also since you get alot of leather, you can use the sheath to strop your blade incase it needs a touch up, I have done this a few times and it works pretty good, just add some stropping compound and strop away.

Congrats on getting a Fehrman, you will be very happy once you get it. :)

Guys,

Do the sheaths come with the knives at no extra charge? I now see on the website that they are extra.

Thanks,

George

Back