Feinstein Law

CJ Buck

D' Holder asked me to check on some law in california that addressed having all knives serialized or registered. He said that the Guild had discussed it.

I checked on laws pending this session and found nothing.

Has anyone got a bill number or description of this? Did it make it anywhere?

------------------
CJ Buck
Buck Knives, Inc.
AKTI Member #PR00003

For the last few years, off and on, I've been seeing reports here and there that Senator Diane Feinstein has proposed preposterous prohibitions of cutlery. But nothing that can be traced, and nothing with a bill number. One guy I know tells me he heard her giving a news conference to that effect early in the OJ case, and dropped the idea after it got her nothing but funny looks. A call to her office one one Feinstein knife bill alert got me a denial that she had any agenda on cutlery.

Senator Feinstein is a notorious hoplophobe and an all-around enemy of the Bill of Rights, and I wouldn't put anything past her, but it's hard to rally against a phantom bill. And anything she introduces would be federal, not California.

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com
AKTI Member # SA00001

Ah, yes, the objective and always helpful Diane FineSwine. You, too, can be a United States Senator if you have a lot of money and the brains of a half-open can of tomato soup.

Razor

PS: (Sorry, I had nothing really to add -- I just like calling her "Fineswine.")

------------------
AKTI #A000845
And tomorrow when you wake up it will be worse.

Oh, stop it, Razor! It hurts when I laugh.

------------------
AKTI Member # A000846
"Never carry a knife shorter than your schnoz."

Thanks Jim for the input and the reference to ms FineSwine is too funny

------------------
CJ Buck
Buck Knives, Inc.
AKTI Member #PR00003

Back