1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 25 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco Manix 2

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Manix 2 , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, June 22 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Fenix F Proto

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by Sterkh, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Sterkh

Sterkh

Apr 4, 2014
    Hello!)
    I present to you my first folder.
    I really wanted to make my first folder for the exhibition in Paris (Ficx-Paris), so I started to fulfill my dream, while working with the guys on the Phoenix series, I made the first folding, and made many mistakes and the first pieces went into the garbage.
    Then I switched to working with other knives. Two weeks before the exhibition, I realized that Vova can practically finish the knives (how well it is to work with my students, already great masters who can do the same thing as you, on the same level), and I can do something specifically for the exhibition.
    In short, I continued to do the folder almost from scratch, I got so carried away that I slept 4 hours a day for almost two weeks, and in the last two days I didn’t sleep at all, I literally worked the night before the flight, the knife was almost ready, but only almost, but I wanted to have a finished work, and I was exhausted and riddled with insomnia, with the result that I ruined the blade, I was green ... Everything, I had to carry a prototype that looks good, but does not work properly.
    After the exhibition, I redid the blade and spent another week working on the mechanism.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Several photographers from the owner of the knife, they turned out more colorful
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

d762nato, ArchVV, tyyreaun and 11 others like this.
  2. parfums95

parfums95 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 24, 2008
    your story is moving, but challenging. a shame not to have met you at the FICX in Paris. Congrats on your work to see you in Paris again ...

Dawkind and Sterkh like this.
  3. Sterkh

Sterkh

Apr 4, 2014
    Thenk you!
    I'll be glad to see you in Paris next year

4. john april

john april KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 27, 2006
    great looking knife :thumbsup:

Dawkind likes this.
  5. Chefget

Chefget Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 2, 1998
    Beautiful knife!

6. Dusty One

Dusty One Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 12, 2004
    Very Nice looking piece !

7. Sterkh

Sterkh

Apr 4, 2014
    Recently, the knife visited the photo session at the photographer Alex Delf.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019 at 8:09 AM
    Grenock, agarino80, The Shatz and 3 others like this.
  8. Dawkind

Dawkind Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 3, 2000
    It’s a beautiful knife in one of my favorite styles....Trailing-point/Persian. :) :cool:

Sterkh likes this.
  9. MWALEX3012

MWALEX3012

May 30, 2011
    Excellent build with great attention to detail and design. Make more!!

Sterkh likes this.
  10. Lorien

Lorien Moderator Moderator

Dec 5, 2005
    very nice work!

Sterkh likes this.
  11. Pavlos

Pavlos

Apr 20, 2013
    Super clean, and really nice work and design.

Paul

Sterkh likes this.
  12. Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 6, 2014
    Fantastic work for your first folder.