Fiddleback Carver sheath and introducing a new color

wildmanh

Part time Leather Bender/Sheath maker
Got a new Carver sheath to show off and a new color to introduce.

The carver sheath is made from 8-10oz Russet Saddle Skirting from Wicket & Craig. First a bit about the sheath It's Double stitched with a 1" D-ring and Dangler loop. It also has a standard belt loop and I used a standard 8-10oz brown belt loop that was extra from my bladeshow sheaths. Went with the brown belt loop to see if Brown on Russet would look good. The Russet leather looks like straw before finishing and contrasts nicely with the brown, but once finished I think the contrast isn't so nice. I won't be making any more sheaths for my self with both colors together, but if someone else likes it I'll make them one. :)

So on to the pictures. First up the Finished Sheath with out the dangler loop. Then the unfinished dangler loop.

IMG_6584 (Medium).JPGIMG_6585 (Medium).JPGIMG_6590 (Medium).JPGIMG_6588 (Medium).JPGIMG_6589 (Medium).JPG

For now Russet leather will be a standard option on sheaths and Andy might start carrying some Russet sheaths soon. Thanks for looking!

Nice looking sheaths Heber. Do you also do darker brown, like mohogony colored sheaths.

Nice looking sheaths Heber. Do you also do darker brown, like mohogony colored sheaths.

Thanks Doug! Yes, I do dark brown or Mahogany on request. They run an extra $5 on a sheath. I'm looking into a good source for Burgundy or Mahogany leather. If I can get it for a good price I'll start carrying that as well.

Fantastic work, Heber:) Very clean lines, and looks both rugged and comfy:)

Great job Heber. I agree with Steely_Gunz: that sheath looks both rugged and comfy. Great combination and it looks like a real winner :) Although I tend to prefer darker colours myself I really like the way that the burnishing "pops" when contrasted to these lighter colours. Looks very cool to my eyes.

I've got to say this as well: MAN that is one sweet knife. I need to get one of those carvers...must make "working" a real pleasure :D

Looks great. Is it possible to just buy a dangler loop? Just bought a S35VN Bushfinger from Andy, but forgot to ask for a loop for the sheath (yours):eek:

Sent an e-mail to Andy about it, but thought I'd ask here as well;)

Sverre

Fantastic work, Heber:) Very clean lines, and looks both rugged and comfy:)

Thanks Jake! BTW It's the same leather that your sheath will be made out of.

Great job Heber. I agree with Steely_Gunz: that sheath looks both rugged and comfy. Great combination and it looks like a real winner :) Although I tend to prefer darker colours myself I really like the way that the burnishing "pops" when contrasted to these lighter colours. Looks very cool to my eyes.

I've got to say this as well: MAN that is one sweet knife. I need to get one of those carvers...must make "working" a real pleasure :D

Thanks! The handle makes this knife great for carving wood or leather. My old carving knife has a 4" handle thats about as big around as my pinky. Andy's carver has a 5"+ handle that is as thick or thicker then my thumb. The extra length and width make it so much more comfortable to use especially for extended periods.

Get one, I highly recommend them!

Looks great. Is it possible to just buy a dangler loop? Just bought a S35VN Bushfinger from Andy, but forgot to ask for a loop for the sheath (yours):eek:

Sverre

Thanks! You email me about Danglers for my sheaths. My email is wildmanh@yahoo.com A standard D-ring and Dangler loop is normally a $10 extra on a sheath. Since the sheath doesn't have a D-ring built in, you or I need to find some kind of shackle to attach the Dangler loop to the main loop. I'm heading into town today to do some shopping and can look at the hardware store for something. If you'll email me, we can talk pricing shipping and the like. Thanks!

Sverre

Hi NoFair,

It is good to see you finally got a FB in stainless...and to boot, it is a Bushfinger! How about that! :thumbup::):thumbup: Congratulations!

I look forward to the seeing the pictures.

Take care.

Mark

Very very satisfied myself :D Andy has been very nice to deal with as well.

Back