Fiddleback Forge and COVID-19

Fiddleback

Knifemaker
So far everyone at Fiddleback Forge is healthy and that is the good news. In response to the COVID-19 outbreak we will be cutting production to something that is managable by Phillip and myself. My goal is to be able to hold onto Phillip during this outbreak. I have temporarily suspended Amy's hours at least for a couple of weeks. Joey is in Florida on vacation this week, and I hope he is having a great break. He is fishing with his family, not beachcombing, so he is still in isolation.

Last Fiddleback Friday was scary, but I am confident, and plan to do as I always have and have faith that this is the path I am supposed to be on. Robert has every knife we have in stock right now except the group buy knives and the order for Whitty at USA Made Blade.

I am praying for all of us, and all of y'all. I hope this trial is not brutal to any of you. I wish you good health and good fortune. And above all I thank you for your support.

Just a tip: When I found myself out of rice and also unable to get my spare butane tank exchanged this weekend, I decided to try the bait store. Total score. I got 4 bags of rice, an exchanged propane tank and even TP. Don't rule out small mom and pop stores that are off the beaten path. PLUS! It felt good to support the little guy, which all of us little guys need.

I hope y'all are having a good day at home, and wish you health and new knives!!!

The other side of this will come Andy. Those who stick together and watch each other's backs will come out on top. I think so at least. :thumbsup: Indiana goes on shut down tonight at midnight. So weird to see so little traffic and the folks that hustle daily around town. I'm happy that people, for the most part, are taking this serious and keeping distance. This is the quickest way out of this mess. Although the shut down is occurring, there are several exempt situations and construction is one of them. So we are moving forward focusing on our work at hand specifically and minimizing contact with people as much as possible. Stay healthy everyone!!

Yup - the other side will come :thumbsup: Unpredictable, of course, when and how much we will get dragged down but there will be an upturn to a new (maybe better) normalcy. A Fiddleback will be a nice reward then - OR - maybe a great distraction in the meantime. :) I still have my eye on a new Shady.

We will take this to heart and back at you. - "I am praying for all of us, and all of y'all. I hope this trial is not brutal to any of you. I wish you good health and good fortune. And above all I thank you for your support."

Take care all!

Thanks for the update Andy! - everyone be safe out there... it will pass... but it really sucks right now. Hopefully when all this is over I'll make up for lost time and buy several FF's ;-)

Side note - everyone be alert as well... I had my card # swiped at what I believe must have been a gas station... got a call from the fraud department yesterday and some jerk had stolen $2600 bucks out of my checking account...

Bad guys are working overtime out there right now as well - be alert and be safe... fraud department said it's crazy busy right now.

Side note - everyone be alert as well... I had my card # swiped at what I believe must have been a gas station... got a call from the fraud department yesterday and some jerk had stolen $2600 bucks out of my checking account...

Bad guys are working overtime out there right now as well - be alert and be safe... fraud department said it's crazy busy right now.
Thanks for the heads up on that. Sorry that happened to you. Crooked SOB’s. Hope they catch whoever did this. Not sure if this has happened in other Fiddleback country areas but we had a Burger King drive-through armed robbery today. I guess since they can’t go inside due to Covid-19 they’re using the drive thru!

Happened to me the morning I went to Trackrock. Got gas before leaving town and stopped on my way back home and the fraud team had put a hold on my account. Called to see what was up and...

So far everyone at Fiddleback Forge is healthy and that is the good news. In response to the COVID-19 outbreak we will be cutting production to something that is managable by Phillip and myself. My goal is to be able to hold onto Phillip during this outbreak. I have temporarily suspended Amy's hours at least for a couple of weeks. Joey is in Florida on vacation this week, and I hope he is having a great break. He is fishing with his family, not beachcombing, so he is still in isolation.

Last Fiddleback Friday was scary, but I am confident, and plan to do as I always have and have faith that this is the path I am supposed to be on. Robert has every knife we have in stock right now except the group buy knives and the order for Whitty at USA Made Blade.

I am praying for all of us, and all of y'all. I hope this trial is not brutal to any of you. I wish you good health and good fortune. And above all I thank you for your support.

Just a tip: When I found myself out of rice and also unable to get my spare butane tank exchanged this weekend, I decided to try the bait store. Total score. I got 4 bags of rice, an exchanged propane tank and even TP. Don't rule out small mom and pop stores that are off the beaten path. PLUS! It felt good to support the little guy, which all of us little guys need.

I hope y'all are having a good day at home, and wish you health and new knives!!!

Here's hoping we all pull through this one as well as we pulled through the other SARS attack on our elections back in 2003, and see the other side.

The good thing about biological warfare is that it will either get better, or we will no longer be worried about it getting better....

we stocked up on dry beans, rice, pasta, bisquick, raviolis, tomato sauce, peanut butter, salt and vinegar. I'll reopen deer season if needed.

Lol, deer season is never really closed to my way of thinking, but OMG I hate cleaning large game in the summer time here is the south. Been there, done that a few times over the years of living off grid. Not once was it even remotely a pleasant activity...

We have a fat housecat, should be good for a couple of days.

Take care gang.

Bill

As an orphan on the streets of St Louis in the winter of 1982, and calling an old burned out church home for a few months, I had the pleasure of getting to try, among other things, roasted rat and roasted alley cat that winter...in a one-of-us-was-going-to-be-eating-the-other-regardless sort of scenario. Of the two types of meat, I much preferred the rats. Just sayin'

Well well. Perhaps there is a bright spot to being financially devastated and having less than $10 in the bank, and not participating in overdraft protection.

Last edited:
I'm picturing the robbers opening line at the Burger King drive through.

"Gimme the money in the drawyer, and a Whopper extra value meal large size with Mr Pibb and extra ketchup. And don't you dare cough in my direction either, or walk away from the register."

I'm picturing the robbers opening line at the Burger King drive through.

"Gimme the money in the drawyer, and a Whopper extra value meal large size with Mr Pibb and extra ketchup. And don't you dare cough in my direction either, or walk away from the register."
RIGHT??? LOL. And did they get out of the car? or was it a walk thru drive thru scenario?? I'll have to dig into the details on this. But it happened. It's true! I mean - come on man! that's some desperate measures.

IT SHALL PASS !!!
Got my very first fiddleback on fb Friday before last - SOLO - waiting for pocket sheath so can carry and enjoy using it .
Planing on PATCH for next score . Will post photos soon , This my very first post on blade forums and i have to learn how etc ..
As a small business owner i share Andy's scary feelings but have convictions in my mission and adopting to the situation the best i can.

Right on, Rufus Magnus Rufus Magnus ! I have my first Fiddleback Forge knife scheduled to be here this Saturday (a Sneaky Pete). It's been a helpful distraction to research Fiddleback's knives and history. Every knife seems to have its own character, as things made by hand, with intent and care, do. I liked that Fiddleback's home page linked to this sub-forum. Seems like all solid folks.

Back