Osprey Knife & Tool - Chris Linton
Dogwood Custom Works - Dan Eastland
Alfa Knives - Damon Lusky
Valkyrie Knives - Adam Andreasen - Not Actively making knives
40 Point Knives - Judy Yoon - Not Actively making knives

Current Apprentices
Grange Park Knifeworks - Kyle Melino
Appalachian Blade - Cody Gibson

Thanks, I think I remember reading somewhere that you also consider Jarrett Fleming a cousin to the Fiddleback family

Technically, Ken aka Bamboo did make a few knives and sold them. I was just labeling all the Makers that had Graduated from Andy &/or Dylan's Apprentice Program. I don't recall Ken being an "Apprentice".
Jarrett is a local guy, we claim him too, though iirc....Scott Davidson taught him and who also began teaching Allen.

Man! Really takes things back a few years. I remember looking at your first knives Andy......I have always been impressed with how you put it all together and pushed to make a better knife, turn it into a successful business, and mentor so many talented people. You have always been extremely generous with your time and equipment. Muy bueno! my friend.

Sure does take the memory back a ways. I'm remembering the Statesboro Guild meeting where Andy got juried into the Ga. Guild. After it was over, a few of us "older" members were discussing Andy's knives. Seems like the conversation took the tack that, even though they weren't forged (elitist bunch we are), the kid had a shot to make it. Guess you showed we were right and then some. Been an honor and pleasure knowing you and all the immediate and extended Fiddleback family!

Back