Fiddleback Forge outing/gathering #2

Bmurray

Gold Member
I was conversing with Kevin this evening and he wants to start figuring out the outing/gathering #2. I'm suggesting this one be either at Trackrock campgrounds or up in the Cohutta. That way we can use the back country to train in the elements. I'll ask Kevin later this week about possible dates. Stay tune.

Who'd be interested? Just reply, I'm in. Some I just added because I know will be there or will be required by family law.

1) Bob
2) Adam
3) Southern Gent Southern Gent
3) C Cohutta
4) NoRest NoRest
5) @Fiddleback
6) @Fiddleback Outpost
7) @Luca917
8) VANCE VANCE
9) ndmiller ndmiller

Last edited:
On a scale from "I'm going to watch in my folding chair" to "this is a punch in the junk", how hard do you want this weekend to be? I suggest a slightly reclined on a camp pad and mild numbness in the nether region level of difficulty.

I had a blast last time and I will come back again. Let's make sure to bring life jacket for the AmPHILbian and some more of that amazing BBQ for the rest of us!

I say we do it "Naked and Afraid" style

If I were naked, everyone would be afraid.

Maybe we do it without knives-- more of a Cooking Channel series, "Sporks and Spatulas." Making a trap with a spork, now that's a skill. Making a shelter with only a spatula - slotted of course - well that chapter isn't in the book.

I would definitely be interested again but it will be totally determined by chosen date. Between the kid stuff and the wife on graveyards, 7 on/7 off, at the moment, lets just say that scheduling has gotten "interesting" lately. ;)

If I can swing it I definitely would love to get back out there and see everyone. Hard to say without knowing dates though!

On a scale from "I'm going to watch in my folding chair" to "this is a punch in the junk", how hard do you want this weekend to be? I suggest a slightly reclined on a camp pad and mild numbness in the nether region level of difficulty.

I enjoyed the general education nature with some practical building or doing exercises of the last one. 1/2 way between sounds fair as I'd like to sleep well but not dread getting up day 2. The land navigation idea a while back intrigued me as does a refresh on the Nudo De Muerto (or other knots) shown last time. Any shooting/throwing type activity would also be encouraged (firearm, knife, bow/arrow and/or spear).

Something to take home from the experience is also mandatory. That damn fire bellows amazes everyone when I motorcycle camp. People with their head in the dirt blowing on the fire are star struck and start to weep when I whip it out. Small but brings joy to the world.

And forgot to say Costco Blueberry Muffins, yeah I said it.

Back