Fiddleback Friday 08/25/2017

I should have been more clear, my apologies. What does BC Jr. stand for?

Ah, sorry I misunderstood the question. Yes, it's essentially a Hiking-Buddy-length-ed version of the Bushcrafter, that's a little more youth and edc friendly than the full sized Bushcrafter is, and less pointy and more robust at the tip than the HB for the same types of heavy use the Bushcrafter was designed for. It's a model I asked Andy to make about four or five years ago based on the fact that his Bushcrafter was originally designed as an homage to the Boy Scout knife in a full sized fixed blade for adults. I felt a smaller version that was more youth-friendly and more edc / day-hiking friendly would be good to have. The handle and blade being taller than the Hiking Buddy, give me more control of and power over the blade in use, and the less pointy tip is a little more robust in boring type uses. The one I have now is African Blackwood burl. If I could swing it I would so snag the bolstered blue one for my daughter. She likes using mine and her fav color is blue :)

Last edited:
Ah, sorry I misunderstood the question. Yes, it's essentially a Hiking-Buddy-length-ed version of the Bushcrafter, that's a little more youth and edc friendly than the full sized Bushcrafter is, but lest pointy and more robust at the tip for the same types of heavy use the Bushcrafter was designed for. It's a model I asked Andy to make about four or five years ago based on the fact that his Bushcrafter was originally designed as an homage to the Boy Scout knife in a full sized fixed blade for adults. I felt a smaller version that was more youth-friendly and more edc / day-hiking friendly would be good to have. The handle and blade being taller than the Hiking Buddy, give me more control of and power over the blade in use, and the less pointy tip is a little more robust in boring type uses. The one I have now is African Blackwood burl. If I could swing it I would so snag the bolstered blue one for my daughter. She likes using mine and her fav color is blue :)

Thanks for the detailed description!

I like where you took the design. I think I will look up specs on handles and see if it's suitable for my use. I wear a size 10 glove and prefer a handle at minimum 4.25" long for any work.

Send me a PM if you would like to work something out on this one in particular. I'll buy it just to try size and you can buy it at cost when you are ready, if you really want this one in particular.

Thanks for the detailed description!

I like where you took the design. I think I will look up specs on handles and see if it's suitable for my use. I wear a size 10 glove and prefer a handle at minimum 4.25" long for any work.

Send me a PM if you would like to work something out on this one in particular. I'll buy it just to try size and you can buy it at cost when you are ready, if you really want this one in particular.

Thank you for the offer, it's greatly appreciated but probably not a good idea right now. I just recently became a single father and I'm stretched pretty thin physically and financially at the moment after summer spending, and then back to school spending. I am just barely beginning to catch up some. This could be a close one for you, though on the short side. The handle on mine is about 4 -1/8. For hard work you may like the full sized version better. I like the compactness of it for edc and the handle doesn't cause me any issues, but I guess it could for larger hands.

Thank you for the offer, it's greatly appreciated but probably not a good idea right now. I just recently became a single father and I'm stretched pretty thin physically and financially at the moment after summer spending, and then back to school spending. I am just barely beginning to catch up some. This could be a close one for you, though on the short side. The handle on mine is about 4 -1/8. For hard work you may like the full sized version better. I like the compactness of it for edc and the handle doesn't cause me any issues, but I guess it could for larger hands.

Understood, I very much appreciate the input. I wish the best for you and yours, and by the sounds of it expect all will be well soon.

here are the available knives...
2017 0825 01 – Runt with wenge over black liners green pinstripes, SFT convex on spalted ⅛” A2 - $270
2017 0825 02 – BLJ with evergreen burlap commando, SFT convex on spalted ⅛” A2 - $260
2017 0825 03 – Esquire with maple burl over black liners & white pinstripes, tapered, convex on spalted ⅛” A2 - $340
2017 0825 07 – BC Jr. with black bolstered navy burlap over black liners, SFT, convex on spalted ⅛” A2 - $330
2017 0825 12 – Nessmuk with black bolstered curly maple over black, tapered, convex on 5/32” spalted A2 - $395
2017 0825 13 – Sneaky Pete with curly quartersawn oak over natural liners and white pinstripes, SFT, convex on ⅛” spalted A2 - $325
2017 0825 KYLE – Kestrel with black walnut and white pinstripe over black liners. Convex ground 5/32 A2 SFT - $230
2017 0825 CODY –Little Pike, phillelow shadetree bolstered with black canvas micarta & green shadetree stripes. ¼” mosaic pin w/ lanyard tube SFT, convex with crescent hammer texture on 1/8th" on A2 - $160

Last edited:
I'll take
2017 0825 10 – Arete’ with curly ash over black liners and white pinstripes, SFT, convex on ⅛” spalted A2 - $325

Hi sir I'am new to this forum and I saw this thread. Your knives are awesome!. I really wanted to purchase your knife, but I'am from other country (Philippines to be exact). I just wonder did you experience shipping your knives to Philippines? If it is a yes, then it is great I can purchase. Thanks!

I'll take it~!
2017 0825 05 – Hiking Buddy with natural bolstered navy burlap over natural, tapered, convex on spalted ⅛” A2 - $370

I can't wait to see this one in your array (I'm still staring at your most recent pictures of the same), and hopefully a bunch of individual shots here and there as well. Fantastic appointments on this one. :)

Me too. Some mid size knives like the Handyman, monarch, Bushboot and maybe a Bushfinger would be awesome.

Yea, I would love to see that in their mid to smaller knives. Lil'Lady and Patch come to mind! I've mentioned it on their IG.

I'll take the:
2017 0825 12 – Nessmuk with black bolstered curly maple over black, tapered, convex on 5/32” spalted A2 - $395
Looks like it's still available!
Thanks!

i b
I'll take the:
Looks like it's still available!
Thanks!
i believe it's still around. ill double check tomorrow. Im pretty sure I saw it this afternoon
A lot of times we will invoice them(un-sold knives) out to Dealers

Thanks

Thanks Vance, took me a long time to finally decide on it. I really like the ironwood best of all the handle materials, but this combination does look very nice together.

Back