Important Info! Fiddleback Friday 5/11/2018****Preview****

Well well. I often wondered if I would come up with a need for a Bushcraft Karda in this project. I LOVE the blade shape, but have "a thing" about not caring for the idea of carrying a knife with a blade that is so much shorter than the handle. I've just begun to be okay with the idea of an EDK since my life has become more urbanized. I like those types of knives (BK and Carver) in my tool kits, they've just never appealed to me as an edc or field knife with my personal uses. Then in doing the series of photos I'm working on currently, I just realized that I "know" someone who may just love a BK for edc with his vocation and his every day chores.

It is not identifiable in any way except the color and condition of the stuff. What I have is 20 ish sheets 1" thick and 1'x1'. It came out of a building that was torn down. I was told it was 1960's vintage. I don't have any way to certify that of course. It was sold to me as Westinghouse.

Great info and detail. Does it grind/sand about the same?

It is not identifiable in any way except the color and condition of the stuff. What I have is 20 ish sheets 1" thick and 1'x1'. It came out of a building that was torn down. I was told it was 1960's vintage. I don't have any way to certify that of course. It was sold to me as Westinghouse.

I work in an older steel mill as an electrician where some of the original lines (rolling units) are Westinghouse electrical. We still have some of the stuff laying around and in service. I ate off of a table for three years where someone covered a tabletop on an older lunch table with about a 4x8 sheet of it (probably not healthy lol).

Anyway I was stunned when I saw such a niche handle and was maximizing the pics on my phone to look at it. My first thought was wow, that’s the real deal. It looks as if the handles were made off the table top I ate on or insulators I walk by that the material is actually used for. I am thinking about picking this one up based solely cause it hits so close to home. Also thought about buying it for an older electrician friend who is retired (my mentor) and who would know what the handles were on sight. It is a very distinctive rust color, very cool.

Hope this helps. Any chance I could order a knife (or two) with this handle material custom in a model I want more?

I work in an older steel mill as an electrician where some of the original lines (rolling units) are Westinghouse electrical. We still have some of the stuff laying around and in service. I ate off of a table for three years where someone covered a tabletop on an older lunch table with about a 4x8 sheet of it (probably not healthy lol).

Anyway I was stunned when I saw such a niche handle and was maximizing the pics on my phone to look at it. My first thought was wow, that’s the real deal. It looks as if the handles were made off the table top I ate on or insulators I walk by that the material is actually used for. I am thinking about picking this one up based solely cause it hits so close to home. Also thought about buying it for an older electrician friend who is retired (my mentor) and who would know what the handles were on sight. It is a very distinctive rust color, very cool.

Hope this helps. Any chance I could order a knife (or two) with this handle material custom in a model I want more?
thats pretty cool.

thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

Back