1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Important Info! Fiddleback Friday 7/12/19

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by VANCE, Jul 12, 2019.

1. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    Fiddleback Friday 7/12/19

A percentage of profits from Fiddleback Friday will go to our charity of choice, “Give Us Paws”.

These will go live at Fiddleback Forge's website at 9PM EST.
    Discussions are here, but grab yours on the site!

Here's the link:
    https://fiddlebackforge.com/collections/fiddlebackfriday

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bow Legged Joe - Green Curly Oak - SCANDI - Natural Liners - Yellow Pinstripes - 5” OAL - 3/32" A2 - SFT - 190712 01 - $270

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Shaman - Natural Canvas - Commando - 7.5” OAL - 1/8" A2 - SFT - 190712 02 - $170

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bush Hermit - Emerald Burlap - Natural Liners - White Pinstripes - 8.75” OAL - 1/8" A2 - SFT - 190712 03 - $315

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hunter - Arctic Cells - Black Liners - Blue Pinstripes - 9.25” OAL - 5/32" A2 - TT - 190712 04 - $405

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Patch - Merlot Maple Burl - Black Liners - Pink Pinstripes - 7” OAL - 3/32" A2 - SFT - 190712 05 - $300

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Loner - Waterfall Bubinga - Natural Liners - White Pinstripes - 7.25” OAL - 3/32" A2 - TT - 190712 06 - $370

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Recluse - Brown Burlatex - Black Liners - White Pinstripes - 8.5” OAL - 1/8" A2 - SFT - 190712 07 - $315

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hiking Buddy - Cross Cut Micarta - Ivory Linen Bolsters - Natural Liners - 7.25” OAL - 3/32" CPM154 - TT - 190712 08 - $435

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Solo - Alien Pod -Black Bolsters - Black Liners - 6.25” OAL - 3/32" A2 - TT - 190712 09 - $340

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Runt - Blueberry Burlap - Natural Bolsters - Natural Liners - 5.5” OAL - 3/32" CPM154 - TT - 190712 10 - $360

Here's the link again:
    https://fiddlebackforge.com/collections/fiddlebackfriday

Want more photos? Check the email newsletter…or the blog post on the website under News & Events.

Kirkwood, Tutone, Bmurray and 2 others like this.
  2. Choppaman

Choppaman Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2017
  3. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    thanks!
    i thought it turned out awesome!

Southern Gent and rileybassman1 like this.
  4. Tutone

Tutone Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2017
    Ya, that is an Epic Hiking Buddy for sure, WoW‼️ Good to see a Shaman too

5. NUTRAMAC

NUTRAMAC Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 8, 2014
    Wow it’s been forever since I checked a batch out and you guys drop this kinda of awesomeness!
    @Fiddleback well done Andy

6. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
    I like the Patch color combo, the Loner, absolutely the Hiking Buddy!, the Loner and the Solo :thumbsup::thumbsup:

7. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    thanks
    i think its important to point out the awesomeness of the pink on the Patch to @Fiddleback

8. NoRest

NoRest Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 27, 2015
    The pink looks good with the Merlot maple burl Andy.
    @Fiddleback

B Griffin likes this.
  9. Warrior108

Apr 24, 2012
    Wowwwww

taper.jpg

Outpost Allison, Nbrackett and NoRest like this.
  10. NoRest

NoRest Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 27, 2015
  11. Southern Gent

Southern Gent Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2015
    You trying to torment me by matching that HB with my Loner???

B Griffin and Fiddleback Outpost like this.
  12. jaz322

jaz322 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
    If you want it, you best be quick w the keyboard on that HB tonight S.G.

NoRest likes this.
  13. Fiddleback Outpost

Fiddleback Outpost Fiddleback Forge Knives & Fiddleback Outpost Gear

Apr 29, 2016
    Here's the in-hand video...

Unfortunately, no @Outpost Allison on this one.

14. got2hav1

got2hav1 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Hiking Buddy is awesome. Nicest HB I've seen.

VANCE likes this.
  15. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    thats a big negative

Fiddleback Outpost and B Griffin like this.
  16. RobbieB

RobbieB Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    The Hiking Buddy is phenomenal. My personal preference, though, is for shorter bolsters. I see them as accents to enhance or complement the appearance of the primary handle material. If the length of the bolster is near that of the scale, the role of accent diminishes, and it sometimes becomes a toss up as to which is dominant. In this particular example, it still looks good, but in my opinion, the only possible improvement to this knife would be for the bolsters to end half-way between the pins. That said, between its appearance, 3/32", TT and stainless (!), I couldn't resist this one.

Tutone, jaz322, NOLA and 4 others like this.
  17. Comprehensivist

Comprehensivist Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Great score on the HB @RobbieB ! That is certainly a stunner.

I totally agree with your comments on the length of the bolster to keep it as an accent rather than a large portion of the handle. My favorite era looks-wise was when Ken Craggs was setting them up. I don’t know why but really long bolsters make me think back to the era when women wore those silly leg warmers as a fashion statement. :eek: I don’t get how some things become popular trends. I guess I am out of touch in that regard.

Enjoy the Hiking Buddy. Cross-cut micarta with antique linen is a fabulous looking combo that needs to continue. :thumbsup: I can see how folks could build a collection around that handle set-up.

Phil

NOLA and RobbieB like this.
  18. jb33

jb33 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2017
    I really hope more 3/32" CPM 154 TT Hiking Buddies will be in the pipeline. Will not hold my breath, that one was stunning!

RobbieB likes this.
  19. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    why not
    i got 2 more bars of 3/32" CPM on Friday

20. Warrior108

Apr 24, 2012
    Oooooo nice. That would go perfect with a black bolstered ruby OS Bushnub :D:thumbsup:

edit: Yes, I know the blanks got carried to the safe. But they can come out just as easy. All it takes is a stroll to the safe. lol

edit 2: A case of beer could even find its way to sit on top of the safe, to make the walk more worth while. ;)

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    jb33, Twisted Forest and Nbrackett like this.