1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Important Info! Fiddleback Friday 8/10/18

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by VANCE, Aug 10, 2018.

1. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    Fiddleback Friday 8/10/18

A percentage of profits from Fiddleback Friday will go to our charity of choice, “Give Us Paws”.

These will go live at Fiddleback Forge's website at 3PM EST.
    Discussions are here, but grab yours on the site!

Here's the link:
    https://fiddlebackforge.com/collections/fiddlebackfriday

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Pocket Kephart - Rosewood - Black Liners - Orange Pinstripes - 1/8" A2 - SFT - 180806 01 - $270

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Esquire - Green Dyed Curly Maple - Black Liners - Lime Pinstripes - 1/8" A2 - TT - 180806 02 - $340

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sylvrfalcen - Dyed Curly Oak - Black Liners - White Pinstripes - 1/8" A2 - SFT - 180806 03 - $300

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Lonestar EDC - Osage - Black Liners - White Pinstripes - 1/8" A2 - SFT - 180806 04 - $300

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    F2 - Lime Burlatex - Black Liners - White Pinstripes - 3/32" A2 - SFT - 180806 05 - $290

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Lil' Lady - Philellow Burlap - Black Liners - White Pinstripes - 3/32" A2 - SFT - 180806 06 - $290

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bushnub - Desert Ironwood - Natural Liners - Blue Pinstripes - 3/32" A2 - SFT - 180806 07 - $300

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Asp - Osage - Natural Liners - White Pinstripes - 1/8" A2 - SFT - 180806 08 - $325

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bush Hermit - Osage - Natural Liners - Blue Pinstripes - 1/8" A2 - TT - 180806 09 - $365

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Recluse - Blue/Green Burlatex - Natural Liners - White Pinstripes - 5/32" A2 - TT - 180806 10 - $355

Here's the link again:

Want more photos? Check the email newsletter…or the blog post on the website under News & Events.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  2. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    Apprentice Knives

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Grange Park Knifeworks Rabbits Foot - Dyed Maple Burl - Natural Liners - Green Pinstripes - 1/8" CPM 154 - SFT - Convex - 2.5“ Blade, 6.5“ OAL - $180

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Dragonfly Blade Works "Kudamono" Paring Knife - Tan G-10 - Black Liners - Orange Pinstripe - .118" AEB-L - SFT - Flat Grind - 3.375” Blade, 7.625” OAL - $150

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Dragonfly Blade Works "Olde Home Place" Skinner - Green Shadetree Burlap - Stabilized Box Elder Burl Bolsters - Natural Liners - Lime Pinstripes - 9/64" 80 CRV2 - SFT - Flat Grind - 3.5” Blade, 7.625” OAL - $180

Here's the link again:

Scotcha and Choppaman like this.
  3. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    [​IMG]
    Fiddleback Friday...After Dark
    Fiddleback Friday BONUS. We picked more knives to post on the site at 9PM tonight. There’s no preview for these. Think of it as a scavenger hunt for awesomeness. Hint: they will post on the same Fiddleback Friday page as the above knives. That will reduce the effort involved to find them. Happy hunting!

Here's the link again:

4. Choppaman

Choppaman Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2017
    BH TT!

Oyster and Fiddleback Outpost like this.
  5. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    nice lineup

Oyster and Fiddleback Outpost like this.
  6. lmalterna

lmalterna Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 12, 2002
    THAT BUSHNUB IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!m Damn!!! I cannot hit the site here from work...........

Bill

7. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Very nice set this week!

I was looking at the upper lines of the spalting on the Falcen thinking that it would lend itself to a DeHump deal. But then, if you look at the Lonestar and think the same thing, wouldn't that make a cool and gnarly looking blade profile?

DeHump Lonestar (2).jpg

Bmurray likes this.
  8. Oyster

Oyster Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Wouldn’t the F2 be pretty close to what you mean?

Warrior108 likes this.
  9. Choppaman

Choppaman Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2017
    I hope to score that one!! I'll send pics! :D Put you down as first dibs?? ;)

Bmurray, Warrior108 and Oyster like this.
  10. lmalterna

Dec 12, 2002
    First dibs, absolutely! I hate having to work for a living.

Bill

Choppaman and Oyster like this.
  11. Oyster

Aug 2, 2011
    Nice to see all that 3/32 :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yes, the Bushnub is a true gem.
    Would be sorely tempted to give up a couple in that size range for this one...
    It really needs to come with the stipulation that whoever snags it has to provide a full set of pics

Bmurray and Choppaman like this.
  12. mb>

mb> Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Heads up... looks like you missed the side shot on the Dragonfly.

Fiddleback Outpost and Choppaman like this.
  13. bear71

bear71 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Nice Asp! Haven't said that in a while and it never gets old...(to me anyway).

14. lmalterna

Dec 12, 2002
    ;) Jules, I have a nice Asp at home so I get to say it whenever I want to!
    Ingat Kuya,
    Bill

15. bear71

bear71 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Haha. Ingat din ikaw Bill!

16. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Mmmm it would be F2-ish but it would still feel distinctly different. I probably sound like Bob saying this but the F2 blade is just too short my my uses. I'll use the snot out of the Lonestar though! And the handles and handle-to-blade angles feel a lot different.

Bmurray and Oyster like this.
  17. Oyster

Aug 2, 2011
    Hmmm... maybe I was too quick with my statement.
    Upon closer inspection, yes, the handles are different - esp in the mid/forward section. Wasn’t aware of the dimensions as I’ve never held either.
    Still, the blade shape of the F2 seemed like it was pretty close to the other one if the hump was removed.
    Looks like a new model might be born... a warrior something or other :D

Bmurray likes this.
  18. Fiddleback Outpost

Fiddleback Outpost Fiddleback Forge Knives & Fiddleback Outpost Gear Platinum Member

Apr 29, 2016
    OK, so...a couple of snafu's have been corrected.

The Bush Hermit was TT (tapered tang)...we updated it here above...and on the site's blog post.

Also, we corrected the missing image of John's Dragonfly Bladeworks by adding the following picture...
    [​IMG]

Thanks for helping us catch these!

Bmurray and Oyster like this.
  19. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    yes, for sure. I thought about modding my monarch as well

20. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    John @Dragonflybladewrks kicked ass this week.