Important Info! Fiddleback Friday 8/31/18

Fiddleback Friday 8/31/18

A percentage of profits from Fiddleback Friday will go to our charity of choice, “Give Us Paws”.

These will go live at Fiddleback Forge's website at 3PM EST.
Discussions are here, but grab yours on the site!

Here's the link:
https://fiddlebackforge.com/collections/fiddlebackfriday

Fiddleback_Forge_-_Pygmy_-_Vintage_Natural_Canvas03_1024x.jpg

Fiddleback_Forge_-_Pygmy_-_Vintage_Natural_Canvas09_1024x.jpg

Pygmy - Vintage Natural Canvas - Commando - 3/32" A2 - SFT - 180828 01 - $150

Sylvrfalcen_-_Deep_Brown_Dyed_Curly_Maple01_1024x.jpg

Sylvrfalcen_-_Deep_Brown_Dyed_Curly_Maple08_1024x.jpg

Sylvrfalcen - Deep Brown Dyed Curly Maple - Black Liners - Lime Pinstripes - 1/8" A2 - TT - 180828 02 - $340

Fiddleback_Forge_-_Sylvrfalcen_-_White_Paper_Micarta02_1024x.jpg

Fiddleback_Forge_-_Sylvrfalcen_-_White_Paper_Micarta07_1024x.jpg

Sylvrfalcen - White Paper Micarta - Black Liners - Lime Pinstripes - 1/8" A2 - SFT - 180828 03 - $290

Black_Canvas01_1024x.jpg

Black_Canvas08_1024x.jpg

F2 - Brown/Black Canvas Micarta - Black Liners - Lime Pinstripes - 3/32" A2 - SFT - 180828 04 - $290

Fiddleback_Forge_Bushcrafter_Jr_-_Blue_Dyed_Curly_Maple_01_1024x.jpg

Fiddleback_Forge_Bushcrafter_Jr_-_Blue_Dyed_Curly_Maple_08_1024x.jpg

Bushcrafter Jr - Blue Dyed Curly Maple - Natural Liners - White Pinstripes - 1/8" A2 - TT - 180828 05 - $340

Fiddleback_Forge_Bushfinger_-_Red_Dyed_Curly_Ash_01_1024x.jpg

Fiddleback_Forge_Bushfinger_-_Red_Dyed_Curly_Ash_08_1024x.jpg

Bushfinger - Red Dyed Curly Ash - Black Liners - White Pinstripes - 1/8" A2 - TT - 180828 06 - $365

Fiddleback_Forge_Kephart_-_Dyed_Curly_Maple_00_1024x.jpg

Fiddleback_Forge_Kephart_-_Dyed_Curly_Maple_08_1024x.jpg

Kephart - Orange Dyed Curly Maple - Black Liners - Lime Pinstripes - 1/8" A2 - SFT - 180828 07 - $325

Blue_Burlatex_00_1024x.jpg

Blue_Burlatex_07_1024x.jpg

Bushfinger - Black/Blue Burlatex - Natural Bolsters - Thick Natural Liners - 1/8" A2 - TT - 180828 08 - $395

Fiddleback_Forge_Ladyfinger_-_Red_Burlatex_00_1024x.jpg

Fiddleback_Forge_Ladyfinger_-_Red_Burlatex_07_1024x.jpg

Ladyfinger - Red Burlatex - Natural Liners - White Pinstripes - 1/8" A2 - SFT - 180828 09 - $315

Fiddleback_Forge_-_hiking_buddy_-_00_d68c7a75-936c-4c00-9cca-c7e8e036e0a9_1024x.jpg

Green_Burlatex06_363687e0-2149-4d77-b3d1-348e79929c1c_1024x.jpg

Hiking Buddy - Blue/Green Burlatex - Natural Liners - White Pinstripes - 1/8" A2 - TT - 180828 10 - $330

Here's the link again:

Want more photos? Check the email newsletter…or the blog post on the website under News & Events.

Fiddleback_Friday_After_Dark_400.png

Fiddleback Friday...After Dark
Fiddleback Friday BONUS. We picked more knives to post on the site at 9PM tonight. There’s no preview for these. Think of it as a scavenger hunt for awesomeness. Hint: they will post on the same Fiddleback Friday page as the above knives. That will reduce the effort involved to find them. Happy hunting!

Here's the link again:

That's more like it! Great to finally see a sharpening choil in the Fiddleback Friday lineup!! :D:D:thumbsup:
And of course, awesome lineup overall :)

That's exactly what I thought! However, I thought it wasn't big enough.

Play by Play for Top 5 gone

1st to go - tie - Pygmy & F2
2nd to go - Orca
3rd to go - Kephart
4th to go - Bushcrafter Jr.

Last edited:
That's exactly what I thought! However, I thought it wasn't big enough.

Clue me in. I don't like them, mostly (the way most people do them) they annoy the hell out of me catching on fishing line, sinew and tendons when dressing game, small cord, or the edge of something I am cutting. I'll never never take a knife with a sharpening choil on a night fishing trip again or into combat. But I do understand the point of a small sharpening choil for sharpening for some people. What would be the point of a larger one? The only way I like them at all, much less the larger ones is the way Bill Harsey does his were they slant out to the blade's edge to help avoid them hanging during the uses mentioned above. Lol, for me the absence of a small notch between the edge and the ricasso is one of the features I really like about Fiddleback Forge knives.

somebody needs to jump on that Paloma
Joey's work is clean as hell

I really like the design of that one. It will become a favorite user for someone.

I jumped on that grenade for you guys. I'm calling it the first choil that has ever come out of the forge. Anyone got anything that can disprove this stance? I guess you could count Allen's little choil work, but those are all closed IIRC.

As a flashback, here's another first....
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...andled-fiddleback-forge-hiking-buddy.1043778/

Clue me in. I don't like them, mostly (the way most people do them) they annoy the hell out of me catching on fishing line, sinew and tendons when dressing game, small cord, or the edge of something I am cutting. I'll never never take a knife with a sharpening choil on a night fishing trip again or into combat. But I do understand the point of a small sharpening choil for sharpening for some people. What would be the point of a larger one? The only way I like them at all, much less the larger ones is the way Bill Harsey does his were they slant out to the blade's edge to help avoid them hanging during the uses mentioned above. Lol, for me the absence of a small notch between the edge and the ricasso is one of the features I really like about Fiddleback Forge knives.

I was being sarcastic. I think once I've been where I choked up on a blade where the choil was big enough to get a finger into, but at that point is it even a choil?

I was being sarcastic. I think once I've been where I choked up on a blade where the choil was big enough to get a finger into, but at that point is it even a choil?

Ah, gotcha. And yeah, that particular shape in that particular location is general accepted as being one type of choil or another if there is no handle material in that area. It's just the smaller ones are sharpening choils and the bigger ones are finger choils, the ones in between are mostly confusing to me...

Damn, I hate it when I need one, but can't do anything about it. That purple Falcen is sweet, I think I like it better that @pertinux's blurple one even.

Back