1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Kizer C01C Sheepdog Ki4488A & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Dec 14 !

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Dec 15 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Important Info! Fiddleback Friday 8/31/18

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by VANCE, Aug 31, 2018.

1. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    Fiddleback Friday 8/31/18

A percentage of profits from Fiddleback Friday will go to our charity of choice, “Give Us Paws”.

These will go live at Fiddleback Forge's website at 3PM EST.
    Discussions are here, but grab yours on the site!

Here's the link:
    https://fiddlebackforge.com/collections/fiddlebackfriday

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Pygmy - Vintage Natural Canvas - Commando - 3/32" A2 - SFT - 180828 01 - $150

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sylvrfalcen - Deep Brown Dyed Curly Maple - Black Liners - Lime Pinstripes - 1/8" A2 - TT - 180828 02 - $340

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sylvrfalcen - White Paper Micarta - Black Liners - Lime Pinstripes - 1/8" A2 - SFT - 180828 03 - $290

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    F2 - Brown/Black Canvas Micarta - Black Liners - Lime Pinstripes - 3/32" A2 - SFT - 180828 04 - $290

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bushcrafter Jr - Blue Dyed Curly Maple - Natural Liners - White Pinstripes - 1/8" A2 - TT - 180828 05 - $340

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bushfinger - Red Dyed Curly Ash - Black Liners - White Pinstripes - 1/8" A2 - TT - 180828 06 - $365

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Kephart - Orange Dyed Curly Maple - Black Liners - Lime Pinstripes - 1/8" A2 - SFT - 180828 07 - $325

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bushfinger - Black/Blue Burlatex - Natural Bolsters - Thick Natural Liners - 1/8" A2 - TT - 180828 08 - $395

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ladyfinger - Red Burlatex - Natural Liners - White Pinstripes - 1/8" A2 - SFT - 180828 09 - $315

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hiking Buddy - Blue/Green Burlatex - Natural Liners - White Pinstripes - 1/8" A2 - TT - 180828 10 - $330

Here's the link again:

Want more photos? Check the email newsletter…or the blog post on the website under News & Events.

Oyster and Choppaman like this.
  2. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
  3. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    [​IMG]
    Fiddleback Friday...After Dark
    Fiddleback Friday BONUS. We picked more knives to post on the site at 9PM tonight. There’s no preview for these. Think of it as a scavenger hunt for awesomeness. Hint: they will post on the same Fiddleback Friday page as the above knives. That will reduce the effort involved to find them. Happy hunting!

Here's the link again:

varga49 likes this.
  4. Choppaman

Choppaman Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2017
    that Black n Blue BF looks amazing.

5. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
    That's more like it! Great to finally see a sharpening choil in the Fiddleback Friday lineup!! :D:D:thumbsup:

Waddaya think @Bmurray ?

And of course, awesome lineup overall :)

wildmanh, varga49 and Bmurray like this.
  6. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    yes, I like it

7. swonut

swonut KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 1, 2007
    That's exactly what I thought! However, I thought it wasn't big enough.

8. ty_higg

ty_higg KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 16, 2011
    That blue green burlatex and vintage natural canvas look amazing!

Fiddleback Outpost likes this.
  9. drewway

drewway

Oct 30, 2015
    Bmurray and David L like this.
  10. David L

David L Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 8, 2018
    Play by Play for Top 5 gone

1st to go - tie - Pygmy & F2
    2nd to go - Orca
    3rd to go - Kephart
    4th to go - Bushcrafter Jr.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  11. B Griffin

B Griffin Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    Clue me in. I don't like them, mostly (the way most people do them) they annoy the hell out of me catching on fishing line, sinew and tendons when dressing game, small cord, or the edge of something I am cutting. I'll never never take a knife with a sharpening choil on a night fishing trip again or into combat. But I do understand the point of a small sharpening choil for sharpening for some people. What would be the point of a larger one? The only way I like them at all, much less the larger ones is the way Bill Harsey does his were they slant out to the blade's edge to help avoid them hanging during the uses mentioned above. Lol, for me the absence of a small notch between the edge and the ricasso is one of the features I really like about Fiddleback Forge knives.

pertinux, Crosier, Nbrackett and 3 others like this.
  12. Dragonflybladewrks

Dragonflybladewrks

Apr 12, 2018
    Thanks so much! I thougjt that one turned out really nice!

13. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    agreed

14. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    somebody needs to jump on that Paloma
    Joey's work is clean as hell

JBKnifeworks and B Griffin like this.
  15. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    I really like the design of that one. It will become a favorite user for someone.

16. swonut

swonut KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 1, 2007
    I jumped on that grenade for you guys. I'm calling it the first choil that has ever come out of the forge. Anyone got anything that can disprove this stance? I guess you could count Allen's little choil work, but those are all closed IIRC.

As a flashback, here's another first....
    https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...andled-fiddleback-forge-hiking-buddy.1043778/

B Griffin, Bmurray and VANCE like this.
  17. swonut

Jan 1, 2007
    I was being sarcastic. I think once I've been where I choked up on a blade where the choil was big enough to get a finger into, but at that point is it even a choil?

B Griffin likes this.
  18. B Griffin

Dec 22, 2007
    Ah, gotcha. And yeah, that particular shape in that particular location is general accepted as being one type of choil or another if there is no handle material in that area. It's just the smaller ones are sharpening choils and the bigger ones are finger choils, the ones in between are mostly confusing to me...

19. B Griffin

Dec 22, 2007
    Damn, I hate it when I need one, but can't do anything about it. That purple Falcen is sweet, I think I like it better that @pertinux's blurple one even.

pertinux likes this.