Fiddleback Friday - Wood, Curley Cues, Tapered Tangs - 10/26/12

hmmm doing your friday batches at 6:30am est doesn't really offer the west coasters much a chance... maybe you don't care :) it's 8am pst here and most your knives are already gone. So I guess that is a good thing :) cheers!

This post is factually incorrect, and its tone is unfortunate. I posted the thread at 9:30 AM EST, not at 6:30 EST. I start work at 4:30 am every day with the goal of meeting the kids at the bus. The knives get posted when they're ready to post, so I can move on to preparing for next week, and so that the funds might get in as early as possible. I feed my kids with those funds, and we need them. I had never considered standardizing the time to allow west coast folks to get a 'fair' shot at the knives. I try to be responsive to the needs of my customers, but honestly, where does it end? What about the guys in Australia, or Germany? Should I meter the knives out over the 24 hour day so everybody gets a shot at them? I care about my customers, I try to go out of my way to show it, and I think that part of your post was hurtful.

Don't let members like this get to you. You have fantastic customer service and give everyone a chance at purchasing amazing knives at a fair price with a great warranty. You're always on your communications. 9:30 is a fair time as well. Everyone knows when the batches are put up. That's 6:30 for the west coast. Sloth, wake your ass up at 6:15 one morning and buy a knife. Stop bitching and get with the program.
I've now snatched 4 of Andy's knives and have only great things to say.
Rich

Yeah, I'm at the school bus stop generally 20 mins or so before you post. Since the drive is 25-30 minutes to the workplace, I am FORCED to drive at insane speeds in order to catch the Fiddleback Friday post.
If the bus is running late, I MUST drive even faster to get a good shot at the Fiddleback menu. Sometimes, I just says fuck it and come into work 30 minutes late.

If you know roughly when they're going to be posted and you want a shot at the Precious calling for you, you will be there.

Got an alarm clock?

Would you like a wake-up call? :yawn:

Great Batch Andy! Unfortunately I spent my income this week on making preps for the "Frankenstorm" Hopefully, it will all be just a drill... You've constantly tweaked your business model and have been successful in doing so thus far. Never lose sight of your most valuable assets; your integrity, vision and positive outlook.

The 3 blades left look dang good to me, Especially that natural Micarta handled Recluse.

Wow....what a batch this week. Stellar work Fiddleback; those Curly Cue BFs and Kepharts are killing me...that is the type of stuff you just can't find in a store. That is the work of craftspeople taking a great deal of pride and care with their work. It shows: there is some outstanding work in today's batch. I just can't say it enough. I am giving you guys a standing ovation over here, even if I'm the only one to hear it!

Don't sweat it Andy. I am on the west coast and I look forward to waking up and looking over the new batch on Fridays. If someone beats me to a knife I want (hasn't happened yet), that's life. There will always be the next Fiddleback Friday!

Don't let members like this get to you. You have fantastic customer service and give everyone a chance at purchasing amazing knives at a fair price with a great warranty. You're always on your communications. 9:30 is a fair time as well. Everyone knows when the batches are put up. That's 6:30 for the west coast. Sloth, wake your ass up at 6:15 one morning and buy a knife. Stop bitching and get with the program.
I've now snatched 4 of Andy's knives and have only great things to say.
Rich

+1 - Andy please keep up the good work. It is impossible to please everyone.

I try to avoid commenting these threads as I feel it brings them OT. I just need to make a comment on this one:

I live in Norway, and yeah............sure.............some of the blades are snatched up before I can sit down and check out the batch but there's always something left that tickles my fancy and I have to refrain myself and think..............Do you need more knives?

A great batch Andy, keep em coming
It is always a pleasure seeing your work!

Thanks for the support guys. I love doing this. I'm certainly not trying to exclude anyone. Thanks again.

Keep up the good work Andy. And for the love of gosh , someone buy the doublemint. I can't hold out much longer. Mark it, if its still here tomorrow, it's mine

Keep up the good work Andy. And for the love of gosh , someone buy the doublemint. I can't hold out much longer. Mark it, if its still here tomorrow, it's mine

That double mint knife sure is sweet isn't it? I'm shocked that it's still here.

And by the way... I was online at 6am Arizona time and this post wasn't here, I refreshed again just after 7am Arizona time and the post was here. Not that any of that matters... I'd say that thinking the seller needs to consider time zones when posting his items is pretty self-centered if you ask me.

I've spent 36 years working for the US Navy and most of that time I've had to consider time zones when doing business, because I've been assigned to some chunk of the globe nowhere near the US mainland. Accordingly, I feel totally qualified and really comfortable in saying that the onus is on you to make yourself available to the seller's schedule, if you want to acquire the product. Also, Andy's knives and devotion to his customers are both of the highest quality, and he doesn't deserve your "maybe you don't care" statement. Your addressing him in such a way was totally unwarranted and inappropriate.
hmmm doing your friday batches at 6:30am est doesn't really offer the west coasters much a chance... maybe you don't care :) it's 8am pst here and most your knives are already gone. So I guess that is a good thing :) cheers!

A beautiful batch this week, as always, although I think if possible they just keep getting better. I will have to try a Kephert some time soon...

Back