Fiddleback Handmade

i sent you one of my EDK's with your shipment this week. It's been all over the place. It's been on tour w/ moe.

Awesome!

I suppose I forgot it was shipping day yesterday. I should go check me email for a tracking number.

I think I just hit tm;lc.

:thumbsdown::confused:

And here are your spine shots, steel widths and additional differences in handle contours.
2v2u7dcFVxAKujh.jpg

Jerry hit all the good points. Steel thickness, handle material, grind heights are the easy ones. Handle contouring is one of those subjective things that require you to get personal with a knife. Generally they all work nicely for the average sized hand, but outside of a personal preference for a thinner or thicker handle the palm swell contouring has to be felt to understand. I had an older Hunter once that had this fat palm swell that just felt amazing in my hands. I regret trading that one, as I have been through probably 3 others now and have never had a handle feel quite as nice. But I will say, maybe I am wrong, more recently outside of changes in thickness the overall contouring is more consistent on knives presently sold.

Jerry hit all the good points. Steel thickness, handle material, grind heights are the easy ones. Handle contouring is one of those subjective things that require you to get personal with a knife. Generally they all work nicely for the average sized hand, but outside of a personal preference for a thinner or thicker handle the palm swell contouring has to be felt to understand. I had an older Hunter once that had this fat palm swell that just felt amazing in my hands. I regret trading that one, as I have been through probably 3 others now and have never had a handle feel quite as nice. But I will say, maybe I am wrong, more recently outside of changes in thickness the overall contouring is more consistent on knives presently sold.

You may try to track it down. I always regretted not getting a Bark River Recluse when they were made. I started PM'ing guys who sold them in the past hoping that maybe it didn't sell or the deal fell through. I got lucky and landed one from a gent in Canada that had just returned it to his safe for safekeeping and was willing to sell it to me. I'd bet most of us have a few knives that we like, but would be willing to trade for something just like it if you needed say OD micarta for your collection and offered up a blue birdseye maple.

Back