Fiddleback small Nessie

FAL'ER

Basic Member
Got an older one (12/09) Looks like I'm the 3rd owner. It's Osage Orange over Black Walnut with a blue liner. 3/32 convex/saber. Bullseye is green.
I soaked the handle in mineral oil and soaked the sheath in Hubberds shoe oil and the cut up a pear, apple and a Roast. I also stropped it on leather to touch it up a bit.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

You wanna sell it, or are you just trying to make us all jealous?

J/K - It's beautiful! Great snag...

You wanna sell it, or are you just trying to make us all jealous?

J/K - It's beautiful! Great snag...
No I'm not selling it, Not yet ayways. So, jealous I guess. I don't know if It'll work for me, the handle is real tiny and I've got these big gorilla hands. The problem is I've got this Badass Fiddleback Hunter and that is the standard I measure all of my new Knives I get, against. I mostly just wanted to put up some new pr0n for you guys.

I do love that osage wood especially after the dip in oil.

Nice handle scales! I love that wood grain, you get different looks from lighting and changing the angles. Can we get a spine shot to see the liners?
I love Andy's Nessmuks, but many of the handles are smaller than maybe I would like. But, a while back I saw this one @ Lee's Cutlery, and thought the handle looked to be much larger, and it is. It's stabilized Hickory, nat cav pins and liners, very simple and comfortable.

100_0924.jpg

100_0923.jpg

Man those Nessies are hot. Either a large nessmuk or a hunter are my next Fiddleback targets...

I just took the kids out to look for trains and generally just let them be boys. I took some outdoor pics and some user shots. I'll put them up here when my camera battery charges, I'll shoot for that spine shot too.

Pile o' rocks and some Rail Road steel. I was looking for some combo of rock and steel to get a spark off of. Haven't gotten much chance to try it yet though.

Some fine shavings done with the spine of the knife and some curls done with the blade.

Last edited:
Nice score. Thats pretty. Nessmuks are excellent knives IMO. That one has character for sure.

I think once I get it to cut the way I want I'll keep it in my Man purse. Also someone asked me for a pic of the blue liner, I'm having trouble getting it to show in pictures. I link to the for sale thread I bought it from. The seller got it to show.

Thanks Oregon! I can see the blue liner in the shot where the Nessmuk is standing up. Just as the handle ends, the lighting shows the blue. I like Andy's layered handles, they always stand out, especially with his color combinations. Nice knife, enjoy it!

Not the best pic and Nate's oil job looks way better but here is a pic of the liner.

IMG_2626.jpg

Nate you have done that blade more justice than I ever could. Looks great and my pleasure.

Back