1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Fiddleback User Pics

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Fiddleback, Jan 12, 2009.

1. TxSportsman

TxSportsman Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    That's a beautiful combo Phil. I have been after a Koa Fiddleback since forever... one day I'll get one in a model I'll use.

edit: between the koa bolsters, micarta handle, tapered tang, beauty pin and what looks to be a linerless setup that could very well be one of, if not my favorite knife(knives) from the Forge. Wow man, congratulations! One day... one day.

edit2: i can't stop looking at it. jealous!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  2. hasco

hasco Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 30, 2014
    That is one of the nicest looking Fiddlebacks I have seen. Congrats on getting that one Phil! My favorite bush hermit by far!!

3. Comprehensivist

Comprehensivist Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Thanks friends for your comments! I thought that maybe it was just me who appreciated this handle combo. I appreciate hearing that others like it too. Are you listening to the positive customer feedback Allen, Phillip, and Andy? This is a winning combo that will sell many knives for you. Bring-em on!!

Phil

4. _Westy_

_Westy_

Dec 19, 2009
    Couple of my users. I have had the Hiking Buddy for just over a year now and it is my most used, most carried knife. The Kephart is fairly new to me, I think I'm the second or third owner possibly. I have used it a little around house and in the kitchen a bit to try it out, looking forward to some camping and hiking with it.

[​IMG]

Patina is forming nicely

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    love that Hiking Buddy _Westy_:thumbup:

6. _Westy_

_Westy_

Dec 19, 2009
    Thanks Phillip - the simplicity of the handle configuration won me over the first time I saw the knife. I remember standing in DLT's shop handling a number of Fiddleback's with gorgeous wood scales but I kept coming back to this one. It won me over and started me down the micarta path.

7. GooberBoober

GooberBoober

Dec 30, 2012
    [​IMG]

8. adequacy

adequacy Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Westy, great hiking buddy pic. Goober, I like your fire start there :).

Awesome stuff guys.

9. Panthera tigris

Panthera tigris Street Samurai Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 21, 2012
    That's a great pic.

10. TPVT

TPVT Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2012
    today was a good day (Shank and KE Bushie)....

[​IMG]

11. Marl71

Marl71

Oct 15, 2015
    That's a cool shank. I almost bought that exact knife in person this winter at KSF. Really thought the handle was comfortable on that one.

12. TPVT

Feb 14, 2012
    well, i'm glad ya didn't! :D thanks. agreed, really like the handle. but, i think it would be even better if it were slightly thicker towards the blade. i picked the shank up because i really liked the ED Karda, and this looked like it could be a "big brother" to it. cheers.

13. D.H.

D.H.

Jul 8, 2009
    Hey, that KE Bushie looks like a good partner for the shank.

Nice meeting you yesterday. Hope you enjoy the KEB.

14. TxSportsman

TxSportsman Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Trimming the garden with the Neckmuk

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. FeralGentleman

FeralGentleman RansomWildernessCo Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 13, 2013
    That's a super nice neck Muk

16. TPVT

Feb 14, 2012
    thanks DH. yeah, pretty cool to grab a beer and talk knives. cheers man. :thumbup:

17. Scotcha

Scotcha

Oct 25, 2013
    Very nice Neckmuk!!

18. Nbrackett

Nbrackett Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 19, 2015
    The patina on this one is amazing.

[​IMG]

19. hasco

hasco Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Awesome!! It is funny how one pic can really catch your attention. I never had any interest in the neckmuk but seeing this pic makes me want one!

20. varga49

varga49 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2016
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk