Fiddleback User Pics

34473i1.jpg
That’s a piston fire starter? Is that what you typically use?

That’s a piston fire starter? Is that what you typically use?

Yea it's a fire piston. I use it quite often. It takes some practice to get good at but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty awesome and reliable. Put a little piece of char cloth in the end and give it a good whack. Really helps to lube up the seal with chapstick or something first. Spit works in a pinch as well.

207747a.jpg

Last edited:
My wife went down to her Aunt's house today and left me at home w/ MAXIMUS. I wanted to play w/my new fire kit.
2v2JaZA4yxurAoi.jpg

2v2JaZBtNxurAoi.jpg

With 3 different fire starting methods in it I had to chose one. These tool sharpeners make sparks easy work off the ferro rods
2v2JaZB4gxurAoi.jpg

2v2JaZBgLxurAoi.jpg

A few from the old school days.

20180203_171039_resized-vi.jpg

20180203_160820-vi.jpg

Beautiful black hawk sir... one of my favorites.

My wife went down to her Aunt's house today and left me at home w/ MAXIMUS. I wanted to play w/my new fire kit.
2v2JaZA4yxurAoi.jpg

2v2JaZBtNxurAoi.jpg

With 3 different fire starting methods in it I had to chose one. These tool sharpeners make sparks easy work off the ferro rods
2v2JaZB4gxurAoi.jpg

2v2JaZBgLxurAoi.jpg

Home alone and nothing to do...I see you make very good use of your time :)

Tony,
I am glad that it seems this lady has found a "Forever Home" where she will be appreciated.

Hasco,
When there is work to be done, an Arete in the hand is a wonderful thing.

Bill

I’m still trying to figure out this Fotki stuff, so apologies in advance if I mung up the thread, but since VANCE asked for a pic of my Ladyfingers.....
The Ladyfinger fits my hand like no other knife I’ve ever held. Though I love the Old School Ladyfinger (bottom), it feels like the regular Ladyfinger was made for me.

Back