Fiddleback User Pics

Introducing the new Fiddleback Fish Decimator! Well, that's what I would have named it.

FiddlebackFishDecimator.jpg

I'm sad that I've neglected to add pics of my handsome Hunter! It's looking a lot more 'used' these days, but here are some old pics anyway. My handle has also suffered from shrinkage, so they tang is a bit exposed and there was some scale separation at the ricasso. It was not responsive to soaking in linseed oil for about a 2 weeks. I sealed the separation with superglue, so we'll see how that works.

FiddlebackHunter001.jpg

FiddlebackHunter007.jpg

FiddlebackHunter014.jpg

FiddlebackHunter016.jpg

FiddlebackHunter018.jpg

It's a beautiful knife, Spooky, but I wonder why the Osage Orange wood scales are so dark? I've seen your youtube video, mentioning that Andy told you that they should look like that if cut correctly, but it's the first I've seen like that.

It's a beautiful knife, Spooky, but I wonder why the Osage Orange wood scales are so dark? I've seen your youtube video, mentioning that Andy told you that they should look like that if cut correctly, but it's the first I've seen like that.

Osage is a wood that darkens as it ages. It really gets a beautiful character over time.

Thought I'd post a couple updated pictures of my 3 Finger Karda. I've had it for a few months now. It gets carried regularly and see use in a variety of applications from opening boxes and mail, to being a steak knife (works great by the way) to prepping fruit, veggies and bacon explosions in the kitchen. I have also used it rigged up as a necker for fishing an dit works great.

IMG_4609.jpg

IMG_4610.jpg

IMG_4614.jpg

Last edited:
The Fiddleback Arete is just a bad assed lil bushy!

Certainly looks to be :thumbup: The more I see em, the more I want one. Especially nowadays, as I'm becoming more and more convinced that scandi's the way to go for a woodsbumming belt-knife. Never liked them aesthetically before (and even now, don't like the look as much as convex and full flat), but they just work too darn well in my normal woodsbumming activities....

Last edited:
Certainly looks to be :thumbup: The more I see em, the more I want one. Especially nowadays, as I'm becoming more and more convinced that scandi's the way to go for a woodsbumming belt-knife. Never liked them aesthetically before (and even now, don't like the look as much as convex and full flat), but they just work too darn well in my normal woodsbumming activities....

Thanks bro. If you want to try out a good scandi before you take the plunge and order 1, just let me know. I will loan you 1 to use for awhile:thumbup:

That'd be awesome Tony, very generous of you :thumbup::thumbup: I might take you up on that sometime later this year. I've handled MtnFolkMike's awesome scandi's, but have never actually used a non-Mora one before.

My money is on that being a Bushboot. Here are some pictures of Kitchen Bushcrafting... Unfortunately, the background colors are pretty poor for a nicely composed picture.

IMG_8909.jpg

IMG_8907.jpg

Last edited:
Back