Fiddleback Wish List

HWF

Gold Member
For me, I would like to scoop up a stainless 1/8" hiking buddy with a full height convex grind, tapered of course. Black canvas bolsters with some sort of earthy colored burlap. That is at the top of my wish list at the moment. My hiking buddy is one of my favorite and most used knives. I'd love to try a stainless Fiddleback!

Anyone else have a Fiddleback wish list? ;)

mine is on the way, or at leeat least I hope so. Andy wrote and asked for my shipping address earlier.:thumbup:

A Kephart slicer with taper. :) It will serve me well in the camp kitchen. I'm excited as all get out. . .:D

It will be a fine add to my KPH, snubnose, karda, arete and ladyfinger.

Last edited:
Oh yeah. Not too hard to come up with a long wish list, the hard part is figuring out which ones to get next.

I think a stainless 1/8" Hiking Buddy is probably at the top of the list. The Duke is also enticing and would round out my lineup nicely, but for some reason I keep going back to the Arete thinking an 1/8" version would get more use than the Duke and just make a great all around knife.

No tapers on these ones. That drunken burlap caught my eye but some nicely figured wood is always nice too and I really like seeing all the various wood handles coming out the last few months. I also think that blackwood with an orange pinstripe over natural canvas might also work well.

For me, I would like to scoop up a stainless 1/8" hiking buddy with a full height convex grind, tapered of course. Black canvas bolsters with some sort of earthy colored burlap. That is at the top of my wish list at the moment. My hiking buddy is one of my favorite and most used knives. I'd love to try a stainless Fiddleback!

Anyone else have a Fiddleback wish list? ;)

Orange burlap convex recluse with a tapered tang. That's on my wish list ;)

S35VN 1/8" convex tapered tang Ladyfinger with maroon linen micarta over natural canvas with a white spacer. A matching O1 Camp knife will make a perfect combo for almost anything :D

Last edited:
My list is long but I'll just mention the top for now.

Hiking buddy in 1/8", scandi, barrel handle with either a tapered tang or hidden tang.

A matching bolstered osage with FAT orange liners Competition Cutter & Ladyfinger would make me happier than a pig in..........:)
Edit: It would make me happier than the cow Rick Lowe would make the baldric piggyback sheath out of:D

The top of my list would definitely be a KE Bushie in 1/8", tapered tang, full height convex grind, maroon linen over natty canvas with white pinstripe.

Although any of the following in the same configuration would make me happy as well:
Ladyfinger, Recluse, Bushcraft Karda, EDC II, Shank (No Swedge or Daggergrind), Nessmuk & KPH

Also would love a maroon linen hidden tang Hiking Buddy or Arete with mosaic pin in 1/8" 01 steel with full height convex grind.

:D

Love your blades Andy & always look forward to Fiddleback Friday!!!

Last edited:
Hahahaha anything from Fiddleback is on my wishlist. Specifically a convex ground hunter with either burlap or cocobolo!

I wish I had the Money to pick-up the Padre.

20130614IMG_0158-vi.jpg

Big Mike

My wish list is basically all of the knives that Essublime has been getting lately :)

Kephart - 1/8", convex, CPM-154, black burlap over black

Bushfinger - 1/8", convex, CPM-154, black burlap over black

Competition Cutter - 5/32", O1, black burlap micarta over black

My wish list is basically all of the knives that Essublime has been getting lately :)

LOL...good response. We have the same taste! Surprised you passed on the maroon Bushfinger this Friday; although the KE Bushie you picked up was pretty damn sweet.

All of you gentlemen have excellent taste. ;) :thumbup:

Back