1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED! Live stream of the winners being picked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ6xurJWkhs

Hey folks! We're having a Becker Giveaway over in the Giveaway forum, check it out and have a chance to win a free Becker 4 Machax, Becker 5 Magnum Camp, or Becker 15 Short Trailing Point!

Fiddlebacks and Coffee

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Southern Gent, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Southern Gent

Southern Gent Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Two of my favorite things, often enjoyed together! Here is a place to share your favorite Fiddlebacks with whatever source of caffeine you need to jumpstart your day. Here are some freshly ground Buckhead Beans with my new favorite Fiddleback.

[​IMG]

S4audiV8 and kmellino like this.
  2. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    Looking good. Love that KPH.

3. Luca917

Luca917 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2016
    I love the idea of this thread. I can't wait to get home and take pics. Especially since one of my favorite things to do is get a fire going on the weekends, brew up a pot of coffee, and play with my knives (and other various weaponry).

Great idea. Thanks, Southern Gent. And my best regards to Madden!

T

4. thurin

thurin Wanderer Platinum Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Cool thread! A couple of things a like a lot!

[​IMG]

5. thurin

Dec 19, 2012
    A favorite spot for relaxing - sitting on the front porch in the bench swing with some knives and coffee.

[​IMG]

kmellino likes this.
  6. dogbone11

dogbone11 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 10, 2015
    Love the knife, thurin. I sure hope Andy will build some more knives with that electric orange burlap.:rolleyes:

7. Scotcha

Scotcha Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2013
    This is just awesome!!!!!!

8. thurin

Dec 19, 2012
    I wish too, but not gonna happen, at least unless Shadetree can find a new source for the burlap. It's all been used up and they can't make anymore currently.

9. dogbone11

dogbone11 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 10, 2015
    Thanks for the info.:(:(:(
    I'll have to change my grail specs!

10. Bigadam

Bigadam Gold Member Gold Member

May 22, 2011
    [​IMG]
    My hiking buddy with some Java and stick to your bones oatmeal!

11. catalystman80

catalystman80

May 1, 2013
    Ooooh sweet thread, will have to take new shots but ill re-share an old one for now

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

kmellino likes this.
  12. Luca917

Jan 10, 2016
    Perfect!

13. Onedog

Onedog Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 5, 2013
    Wow Cata. That's some dark coffee. Really sweet ax and knife too. :thumbup:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  14. TrojanSteel

TrojanSteel

Jul 22, 2013
    awesome blade! this doesnt look healthy for the tip though..

15. mistwalker

mistwalker Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    That knife is very hard to do justice in photos, it is really gorgeous in person. At RC-61 what is going on in the photo in and of itself is not a problem for the knife. The trick is in just not scraping the tip across the rock. Other than that there will be no damage done by just the knife's own weight.

16. Tekton

Tekton Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 8, 2015
    Great thread! Two things I really enjoy. I'll have to get some pictures to add

17. catalystman80

catalystman80

May 1, 2013
    Thanks Jim. Yea, I drink my coffee pretty dark. I typically grind them fresh right before brewing, and for day trips like this, they're ground in the morning before I leave my house. This allows the coffee to be devoid of most of that bitterness you get from pre-ground coffee. Plus, I usually consume beans within two weeks of their roasting as well.

And yes, that's my GB Outdoor axe, I've tried over handful of hatchets (or small axes) from GB and Wetterlings, and the Outdoor Axe has become my favorite for my purposes. Super light, surprisingly a good splitter, and a decent chopper - pretty much a jack of all trade, possibly master of none (well, other than being the master of coolest little axe in my book :) ).

And can't forget about my Sneaky Pete, everytime I cut something with it, it does it with a handshake.

kmellino likes this.
  18. swonut

swonut KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 1, 2007
    Andy will get this... probably grew up on it-- starting with Coffee-milk or maybe Cafe au Lait- but it wasn't breakfast blend back in the day. It was just plain old Community Coffee.

[​IMG]

19. Southern Gent

Southern Gent Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Carpe diem ya'll.

[​IMG]

20. Luca917

Jan 10, 2016
    Absolutely spectacular knife....and coffee.

QUOTE=Southern Gent;15748618]Carpe diem ya'll.

[​IMG][/QUOTE]