1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fiddlebacks = Great Gifts. What Knives Have You Gifted (or received)?

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by jaz322, Oct 11, 2017.

1. jaz322

jaz322 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
    What Knives Have You Gifted (or received)? Share your stories!

My wife and I gave a Bushnub II (aka ‘cross knife’)/Runt combo to my brother and his bride as a wedding present over the summer. Picked up a leather stamp kit at BLADE 2017 just two days before we left for the wedding and put their initials on matching sheaths. Note: If you try this, make sure to practice on scrap leather first!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The idea to gift fiddlebacks for a wedding came from a good friend, who gave this Runt/Patch Knife combo to my wife and I.

[​IMG]

hasco, Choppaman, Bmurray and 4 others like this.
  2. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    I've gifted so many knives I can't remember them all. This one is something special to me because it's the first custom I've ever been gifted. It's also one of only two knives that I've ever been given and both were from my friend Andy Roy.

[​IMG]

hasco, Choppaman, jaz322 and 8 others like this.
  3. nomotorjrr

nomotorjrr Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2011
    This one a few years ago for my eldest nephew.
    [​IMG]
    And this one for my youngest nephew as soon as Heber finishes a sheath.
    [​IMG]

hasco, jaz322, Scotcha and 2 others like this.
  4. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    This thread warms my heart. Its an honor to have y'all as customers, much less have you gift my knives. I'm so proud of this. Somehow it makes me feel like part of y'alls family for my work to have become a kind of family tradition. Thank you.

Bob, it has been a really fun time getting to know you and your family. I'm glad you like that knife so much. Obviously it found its home.

Tutone, Choppaman, SA Condor and 3 others like this.
  5. Appalachian

Appalachian Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 13, 2017
    These are some of the knives Andy has gifted to me. The (it has no name) bushfinger look-alike was my high-school graduation/Army entrance knife. It's 5/32 COM 154, black micarda, bolstered. W/ natural micarda.
    The green jade, over black was my Christmas present last year. Andy was pretty slick with this one, during this time I was living with Andy and Leah. I would get to check out the personal collection. Well andy found out that I was in love with it. It is a true one-off and one that wont be going anywhere.
    The Bear Cub was a birthday gift, and the Mini-Muk was a dud. Both which get used alot!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tutone, hasco, Choppaman and 3 others like this.