1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED! Live stream of the winners being picked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ6xurJWkhs

Hey folks! We're having a Becker Giveaway over in the Giveaway forum, check it out and have a chance to win a free Becker 4 Machax, Becker 5 Magnum Camp, or Becker 15 Short Trailing Point!

Fiddlebacks in the Sky - What do you have coming your way?

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Panthera tigris, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Panthera tigris

Panthera tigris Sharpclaw / Apex Predator

Apr 21, 2012
    It is always fun to get a snapshot of what is coming and what is going in our dynamic collections.

Whether it is from a Friday sale (or Wednesday or Thursday for the W.A. Surls and Osprey Knife & Tool businesses), a show, a dealer, or a secondary sale, I encourage you to share your traveling Fiddleback family knives.

For me it is a Fiddleback Minimuk and an Osprey Knife & Tool Ferox :peach:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  2. varga49

varga49 Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 1, 2016
    For me It's a Osprey Knife & Tool Trailhand 3/32 CPM154 tapered tang in OD Green canvas micarta over 1/8th natural micarta and one of Chris's left handed Kiridashis courtesy of Feralgentleman!
    can't get images to upload

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  3. Comprehensivist

Comprehensivist Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 23, 2008
    I have an Osprey K&T Warthog coming. I love this style of blade texturing as well as the handle contours on this one. Carbon fiber has become one of my favorite handle materials along with Shadetree burlaps.

[​IMG]Hosted on Fotki

[​IMG]Hosted on Fotki

Phil

Osprey Knife & Tool likes this.
  4. Panthera tigris

Apr 21, 2012
    The trailhand looks like a really cool knife with an excellent handle-blade ratio on the bias of handle. I'd love to see you post up some photos and a mini-review of it if you have time.

I haven't met a knifemaker that likes working with CF, but the end product is fantastic.

5. varga49

varga49 Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 1, 2016
    I certainly will do my best to make that happen. A warthog will be the next for my set. I sure like the looks of that CF one that Comprehensivist got last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Luca917

Luca917 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Nothing currently in the pipeline...but I've got my hopes up for a few I've seen in the preview threads.

7. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
    These two from the 11/11 Friday sale

[​IMG]

8. pertinux

pertinux Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 1, 2012
    My Fiddleback bender continues:

[​IMG]

~ P.

9. Panthera tigris

Apr 21, 2012
    Between those three shadetree pieces we've pretty much run the spectrum!

10. FeralGentleman

FeralGentleman Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 13, 2013
    I need to reroute some of these delivery trucks.

I really liked the trail hand, the OD over natural is a great look and that looks like a useful blade.

The warthog is a fantastic knife and looks great with a black handle - the carbon fiber flows with the texturing on the steel.

Say what please about orange, but that Asp is awesome.

The stubby muk is cool too. I have grown to really like the micarta liner/handle combo with no accents. Simple works

11. Comprehensivist

Aug 23, 2008
    I totally agree with you on this Danny. I have some fancy ones, but the longer I am at this hobby, the more I gravitate toward simple workhorses.

Phil

12. Scotcha

Scotcha Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2013
    This one should arrive by the time I get back home in a few days.
    [​IMG]

13. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    Cool thread.

14. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    Great thread. I love seeing threads that show of the knives, but this one really highlights the enthusiasm even more than the knives. Thanks PT!

15. Heespharm

Heespharm

Nov 8, 2011
    It disappeared from azck and then reappeared a day or two later (might have been my computer or because I pointed out to them that it had the wrong name) but I snatched it up and put it on layaway until now

Bladeshow knife with fiddle texturing

[​IMG]

16. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
    What model is that because they had it listed as a Hiking Buddy (which it obviously isn't)?

17. Heespharm

Heespharm

Nov 8, 2011
    I believe it's a bear cub? No? Should arrive today I'll update

18. Comprehensivist

Aug 23, 2008
    That's a Bear Cub II because it has the guard.

Phil

19. pertinux

pertinux Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Heespharm and I first talked about this knife right after he snagged it, and he sent me this quick picture of the spine:

[​IMG]

At the time, I was disappointed in its lack of contrasting liners/stripes. I love me some contrasting liners/stripes.

Looking again now, its simplicity seems just right, befitting the wee knife's rugged stubbiness. I looked through a bunch of previously available Stubby Muk pictures to make sure I wasn't just 'settling,' but didn't see anything I liked more. I can't wait to have this one in hand. Funny how things change. Thanks, Heespharm!

So, um... whatizit? It sure is pretty, whatever it is. :eek:

It looks great, whatever-it-is. :)

I love those colors together....

[​IMG]

(Still out there, I believe. Someone needs to jump on it!)

~ P.

20. Heespharm

Heespharm

Nov 8, 2011
    lol I'm glad I can sell that muk to you... was going to pm you directly but didn't want to impose ...

That blj is not really my style but would be the perfect companion knife

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016