Fiddlebacks in the Sky - What do you have coming your way?

Tim the Wizard

Street Samurai
Gold Member
It is always fun to get a snapshot of what is coming and what is going in our dynamic collections.

Whether it is from a Friday sale (or Wednesday or Thursday for the W.A. Surls and Osprey Knife & Tool businesses), a show, a dealer, or a secondary sale, I encourage you to share your traveling Fiddleback family knives.

For me it is a Fiddleback Minimuk and an Osprey Knife & Tool Ferox :peach:

Last edited:
For me It's a Osprey Knife & Tool Trailhand 3/32 CPM154 tapered tang in OD Green canvas micarta over 1/8th natural micarta and one of Chris's left handed Kiridashis courtesy of Feralgentleman!
can't get images to upload

Last edited:
For me It's a Osprey Knife & Tool Trailhand 3/32 CPM154 tapers tang in OD Green canvas micarta over 1/8th natural micarta and one of Chris's left handed Kiridashis courtesy of Feralgentleman!
can't get images to upload

The trailhand looks like a really cool knife with an excellent handle-blade ratio on the bias of handle. I'd love to see you post up some photos and a mini-review of it if you have time.

I have an Osprey K&T Warthog coming. I love this style of blade texturing as well as the handle contours on this one. Carbon fiber has become one of my favorite handle materials along with Shadetree burlaps.

Phil

I haven't met a knifemaker that likes working with CF, but the end product is fantastic.

The trailhand looks like a really cool knife with an excellent handle-blade ratio on the bias of handle. I'd love to see you post up some photos and a mini-review of it if you have time.

I certainly will do my best to make that happen. A warthog will be the next for my set. I sure like the looks of that CF one that Comprehensivist got last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing currently in the pipeline...but I've got my hopes up for a few I've seen in the preview threads.

These two from the 11/11 Friday sale

FF20161111-vi.jpg

Between those three shadetree pieces we've pretty much run the spectrum!

I need to reroute some of these delivery trucks.

I really liked the trail hand, the OD over natural is a great look and that looks like a useful blade.

The warthog is a fantastic knife and looks great with a black handle - the carbon fiber flows with the texturing on the steel.

Say what please about orange, but that Asp is awesome.

The stubby muk is cool too. I have grown to really like the micarta liner/handle combo with no accents. Simple works

Great thread. I love seeing threads that show of the knives, but this one really highlights the enthusiasm even more than the knives. Thanks PT!

It disappeared from azck and then reappeared a day or two later (might have been my computer or because I pointed out to them that it had the wrong name) but I snatched it up and put it on layaway until now

Bladeshow knife with fiddle texturing

7cc661d9c4c7c67659e9a04a0a5421ec.jpg

It disappeared from azck and then reappeared a day or two later (might have been my computer or because I pointed out to them that it had the wrong name) but I snatched it up and put it on layaway until now

What model is that because they had it listed as a Hiking Buddy (which it obviously isn't)?

I believe it's a bear cub? No? Should arrive today I'll update

My Fiddleback bender continues:

f9c00d59855d1db33bb6438c036e5da8.jpg
The stubby muk is cool too. I have grown to really like the micarta liner/handle combo with no accents. Simple works

I totally agree with you on this Danny. I have some fancy ones, but the longer I am at this hobby, the more I gravitate toward simple workhorses.

Heespharm and I first talked about this knife right after he snagged it, and he sent me this quick picture of the spine:

Stubby%20Muk%20spine.jpg~original

At the time, I was disappointed in its lack of contrasting liners/stripes. I love me some contrasting liners/stripes.

Looking again now, its simplicity seems just right, befitting the wee knife's rugged stubbiness. I looked through a bunch of previously available Stubby Muk pictures to make sure I wasn't just 'settling,' but didn't see anything I liked more. I can't wait to have this one in hand. Funny how things change. Thanks, Heespharm!

This one should arrive by the time I get back home in a few days.
2959f1c5b6bbfdb5b93d48f9d6542351.jpg

So, um... whatizit? It sure is pretty, whatever it is. :eek:

It looks great, whatever-it-is. :)

I love those colors together....

IMG_9629-vi.jpg

(Still out there, I believe. Someone needs to jump on it!)

~ P.

lol I'm glad I can sell that muk to you... was going to pm you directly but didn't want to impose ...

That blj is not really my style but would be the perfect companion knife

Last edited:
Back