Fidget King?

Being a serious knife guy, of course I don't fidget with my knives [*COUGH*]. But if I was one of those frivolous fidgeters, the Hoback Sumo would have to be my nominee for fidgetiest knife ever. My explanation here:

What's your nominee? Keeping in mind, of course, that we will all think less of you for "playing with it."

If you wanna go super oddball, I saw fidget spinner knives a couple years ago ;)
figet-spinner-knife.gif

No pride in ownership feelings included!

Benchmade or anything with an axis lock. I open and close it a good 10,000 times a day, making sure to slam it against the stop pin. I plan on posting on BF when I break the omega spring and bitch about Benchmade's QC.

I haven’t tried the sumo bc it is much bulkier than I prefer. I nominate the Sharp by Design Void.

Deploys in a variety of ways with ease. Fidget factor is something I consider when picking folders. I have some very fidgety folders but the Void is the champ.

Kershaw R.A.M. and Böker Grip-loc are both super fidget friendly.

Cold steel Espada.

All snark aside, I don't fidget with my knife. I spend quite a bit of time with... gentle people, and I try to model responsible tool use when I'm around them. I'll twirl a pen or something if I need to.

If I were going to use my knife as a tactile engagement tool, I would want everybody with 50' to know it.

Last edited:
You can do the same thing in the video with a PM2 compression lock for less than half the price of a Sumo.
I have a PM2 and it's not the same thing. No flipper, for one. Spidey holes are equivalent to the blade pockets, but no studs.

Neat video, but I never got into that stuff...

...OMG...is that thing expensive! No thanks; I'll keep my original Spydie Slysz Bowie...

That blue demko looks sweet, might have to put it on my wish list for next year.
The Protech Malibu looks good too, and also very fidgety.

Back