Fiebings Grey dye ?

Ice, I wonder if that's what Fiebings does, and why they bottle it in glass.

Cool addition to the thread.

I don't know how Fiebings products are bottled in the US but the Dye Reducer comes here in the same plastic bottles as the dye does. Like I said, I've mixed everything but when I took 1part black and 3 parts reducer to cut up the black I got grey:D I hope it can help someone.

Last edited:
I don't know how Fiebings products are bottled in the US but the Dye Reducer comes here in the same plastic bottles as the dye does. Like I said, I've mixed everithing but when I took 1part black and 3 parts reducer to cut up the black I got grey:D

Ah, that would exempt the idea. Most bottles are plastic, but some are glass. Their old bottles were glass, and if I understand it correctly, their white and gray still come in glass. I have a bottle of brown that came in glass, but it's likely new-old stock. I prefer plastic, the glass with metal lid didn't seal well and the dye dried out. Only problem I've had with plastic is leaking, which blows, but it's better than losing it altogether. I wish they'd put finer threads on the plastic bottles and a better seal in the lid.

I looked at my father in laws (really) old leather working set up and he has a bunch of old glass bottles from a couple of companies, all of the dye is dried out, but it's entirely possible that it would have happened with the modern bottles given the years they'd sit.

Back