Field Companion - Dempsey Knives

Hey all,
My latest piece was created in response to request for a smaller, more compact hunter. So, the "Field Companion" was born. ATS34, cryo treated of course, 8" oal / 3 1/2" blade length. Drop point blade profile. Mirror polish on the bevels / 400 grit hand-rub finish on flats. Decorative serrations on upper spine for thumb purchase. Integral guard with stainless bolsters. Stabilized maple burl handle slabs, (6) 1/8" dia stainless pins. Black fiber sandwiched between the handle slabs, tang and bolsters. The pic is not the greatest, I just received my first digital camera, and still trying to figure out the whole process. Shiney knives are difficult to photograph.

Regards,
David

www.dempseyknives.com

Attachments

• fieldcompanion2.jpg
    fieldcompanion2.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 197
Very nice indeed. Why don't you practice with that camera by taking some more pictures from different angles. Then you can post them and we'll let you know how you are doing. ;)

Hey Guy's,

Thanks for the kind comments. I'll take your advice KWM and keep working with that camera. When I started knifemaking I never knew that I would become a photographer / image editor / web designer, etc.............................................................

Hey L6, apprecite the sheath comment. Working leather is not my favorite thing, but we try!:)

Barry, I like those Blades that shine a bit as well!

David

Back