Fighter in damascus and Amboyna burl

Hi Folks- :)

We still don't have working phone or internet at home, so I'm trying to share this quick while visiting at my folks... :)

Blade- forged from random pattern 1084/15N20, 9-5/8" long, ~1-5/8" at widest point, 0.250 at the guard, clip is ground to zero.
OAL- 14-1/8"
Guard- 416 ss (800 grit satin finish around the perimeter and mirror polished lugs)
Handle- fantastic piece of stabilized Amboyna burl from Mark at BurlSource with a domed 416 ss pin.

Thanks for looking :)

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

That could hardly be more lovely. Looks like a lengthened version of the Paranee, rendered in premium materials. Sweet.

Seems like a small point to make when there's so much bigger goodness going on, but I really think the spacers here are a nice added touch.

Last edited:
Another fantastic work of Nick, I like the video, shows good balance and perfect reflections!
Claudio

Meh; it looks like another Nick Wheeler knife to me. Which is to say, AWESOME! :)

Knocked another one out of the park, Nick. :thumbup:

DEFINITELY has the Wheeler AWESOMENESS Nick! The close ups really show the beauty of the burl and the damascus pattern. The spacers add some nice detail.

Peter

Smoking, Nick !!! That is a beautiful piece of work :thumbup::thumbup:

glad to see you are keeping busy....:p

Bill Flynn

sick and slick. Kinda reminds me of Wheeler's Steel a bit- definitely would make for a nice companion to it at any rate!

Beautiful Knife KNick!
I really like the ladder that shows up in the steel when you move it around.
Beautiful Everything with this one.

such a deal!

I love it. I too think the spacers really set off the handle quite nicely, and the damascus pattern goes very well with that amboyna. I would love to own a piece like that.

you guys know this is for sale, right? Killer deal.

I like the flats on the sides of the handle. What did you use for the spacers?

Back