Final Few of 2016

Horsewright

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Thought I'd share a few pics of some of the last projects we had in 2016. Made several holsters, sheaths knives and a couple pairs of leggings.

Finished this knife and sheath off bout mid Dec. It just made it back from the engraver. Full flower carved pancake sheath.

nO2YqE4.jpg

ik82lFv.jpg

This pair, for a husband and wife.

sB5pXrp.jpg

JF3x9VF.jpg

6zurIf0.jpg

A simpler pancake:

GGaizop.jpg

A couple of holsters we made for ourselves. The Army one is for my step son who is in the army. The other was an experiment in using contrasting stitching on a holster with our cattle brand.

AS648FB.jpg

These pics were after a couple of trips to the range and they worked well.

teo3vNk.jpg

pzUg4ku.jpg

One I made for my brother. This one was kinda interesting cause his revolver has a laser on it and it changed the pattern a hair.

LCR8KHT.jpg

A couple of vertical pancakes:

nkCwH79.jpg

One of the pair of leggings:

nCOhM2q.jpg

drEOuoU.jpg

W6j0gXP.jpg

Don't have pics of the other set yet. Hope the New Year is treating all well. As always questions and comments are welcome.

Dave, that is beautiful work, all of it. the engraving on the knives really makes em stand out. when I look at your work it makes me wanna chuck mine in the rubbish. maybe some day and a whole lot more experience I'll get there.. have you made any rifle slings ? I was asked to make one but not really sure what kind of leather would be best suited. I'm pretty much stuck on shoulders for sheath making, I did buy a side but not sure if it would be the correct choice. its 8 oz.
John

Thanks John. I've never made a sling. Thought about it but never have. I'dprobably line the shoulder part of the sling to make it heavier than 8oz.

Nice stuff Dave. like to see keeps a guys hopes up that some day maybe I can make that good a quality

Brilliant work! :)

I especially like the blue grip on the knife and the flower carvings.

Very clean! I as well really really like the engraving on the bolsters. Really sets the knife off.

Todd

Thanks guys very much! Sorry for the delayed response been out of town for a week at my step sons graduation from Basic at Ft Jackson in South Carolina.

Back