Finally did it.......

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Snakebreaker, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Snakebreaker

Snakebreaker

Feb 7, 2013
    Ordered a TGLB from the shop today. Tanker gray blade with black/tan G10. 4 to 8 weeks from now I will find out what all the fuss is about. Can hardly wait! I've got Rats and Dogs......but this is my first Hog.

Any pics....or tales of what you've done to your TGLB will help ease the pain of the wait!

2. zombieassassin

zombieassassin Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Awesome! Same blade and handle configuration as me man. You will love it!

3. Garth Reckner

Garth Reckner Moderator Moderator

Dec 13, 2004
    Congrats. We will get it finished up for you as soon as possible.

Garth

4. tinfoil hat timmy

tinfoil hat timmy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2014
    I'm thinking of snagging one also. Is it possible to get a lb with a saber or convex blade as opposed to shallow hollow?

Only thing holding me back....

5. RobStanley

RobStanley Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2006
    Here's a video of me splitting up some firewood with mine...

[video=youtube;Pv6jTfLXgj4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv6jTfLXgj4[/video]

ETA: This is one of the original TGs.

6. Snakebreaker

Snakebreaker

Feb 7, 2013
    Thanks guys!! Nice video Rob!!

7. Pokey1

Pokey1

Feb 6, 2011
    Congrats on your first Busse blade :thumbup: It will be in your hands soon enough :D

8. kaizo

kaizo

Oct 17, 2014
    I've just ordered a TG (not LB so it has a convex grind) from the custom shop so they probably have a stock of that if you can't find the LB version.

9. crglisson

crglisson

Oct 7, 2013
    Congrats. You won't be disappointed.

10. Snakebreaker

Snakebreaker

Feb 7, 2013
    Lol.......figures!! Day after I order my TGLB.......I just get hit with a $300 brake job bill on my jeep! Story of my life........I'd be shocked if it happened any other way! Oh well.......what is it you Hogs say??.........No regrets!

So be it.......No regrets.......bring on the TGLB!!!!

11. Tom Kanik

Tom Kanik

Mar 18, 2003
    Your knife will last a lot longer than the brakes!;).............................:D:thumbup:

12. kaizo

kaizo

Oct 17, 2014
    What's this I hear? Taking the shoelace express to work to buy a knife? Brilliant, congrats and I salute you sir! :)

13. evltcat

evltcat Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Congratulations on your TGLB Snakebreaker!!!! :thumbup:

14. Snakebreaker

Snakebreaker

Feb 7, 2013
    Thanks again!! Looking forward to it!

Yeah......I'm brilliant all right.......bills are due in a few weeks and I knew there was something going on with the brakes on the jeep, but I still drop $450 on a knife. I'm a freaking financial genius!! ;-)

15. JDE101

JDE101

Nov 13, 2014
    Last fall I was over on the Defensive Carry forum and saw where someone posted a link to the review of a TGLB by Shannon. After watching the video I did a little more research, saw a couple more of the videos, went to the Busse site and looked. Got sticker shock initially!!! Watched some more videos, did some more research, read some post on DC from a couple of guys who had Busses, and broke down and ordered a TGLB as my "first" Busse. Now, after less than a year from the first time I ever heard of Busse knives, I own 4!!! And want MORE!!!! It is impossible to own "just one".:D