Finally got around to making a handle for my Gen 1 BK2

Years and years ago I got a BK2 after I broke two Gerber Big Rock camp knives.

Getting that first Becker in my hand ignited a passion in me for knives and since then I have gone on to build my own knife shop and start making blades myself.

I figured it was about time my BK2 get a proper handle.

The handle is black G10 liner, brown g10 pin strip, and black G10 main handle slab. The pins are stainless along with the lanyard hole.

vT3Fdad.jpg

OUTRaQv.jpg

That really is awesome widerstand! I have never wanted a pinned handle..until now.

Fantastic!
Good to hear from you my man.
Knife shop? Making blades? Tell me more!

wow... that looks great. very nice job!

Thank you very much, its sanded to 600grit, I contemplated making it even finer but this thing is super smooth.

Dude, awesome! That's look great.

Thank you.

Beautiful work, about how long did it take from start to finish? Did you do it by hand?

Well I did the handle glue up and let it cure for 72 hours, rough cut the handle shapes out and pin and epoxied it to the knife and then waited another 72 hours, then I shaped it on my KMG grinder in about an hour and then did some hand sanding, really about 4-5hours of real work on it.

That really is awesome widerstand! I have never wanted a pinned handle..until now.

I really love how with a pinned handle you can get the slabs on a full tang knife to match up perfectly which is something I think might almost be impossible with a bolt on handle.

Fantastic!
Good to hear from you my man.
Knife shop? Making blades? Tell me more!

Well for the past year I have been dumping money into a shop and making knives in whatever free time I get, I haven't been on the Becker forum much cause the shop talk section is taking up a lot of my forum time.

Dang!! Awesome job.

That looks amazing.

Thank You

One of THE nicest handles I've seen for a Becker.

Thanks that means a lot since people have really made some great handles for them.

Vast improvement, nice job.

I also tried really hard to match the original dimensions of the stock handles.

Sheath, handles and now we hear you make blades.
If your blades are as nice as your sheaths (I should know) and these handles you are on to sweet gig.

That turned out awesome Wider. :thumbup:

Very nice!

Thank you!

Sheath, handles and now we hear you make blades.
If your blades are as nice as your sheaths (I should know) and these handles you are on to sweet gig.

Yeah I still have a ton to learn but I like to think I am making progress.

Looking good bro!!!

Thanks

That turned out awesome Wider. :thumbup:

One thing I really like about making knife handles is that you really can't tell how they will really look until the end when they are all sanded smooth.

Wow, I love those scales! Looks absolutely great, amazing work!

Thanks I am big big fan of pin striping.

Nicely done sir, nicely done! Able to bring some of your work down to Beckerwest?

If I can make it I will.

Sorry for the horrible phone photos but here is some of the work in progress making these handles.

78xwY8J.jpg

0X2Wm9o.jpg

VfxU2h2.jpg

hMhJI1c.jpg

kk7yvZu.jpg

Hs6Km3e.jpg

aqaxjqT.jpg

uZoNx0P.jpg

w9wltgU.jpg

Back