Finally.... I got a 154OT

Fair price too, especially considering condition. Congradulations!
-Bob

IMHO, the 154OT is a far underappreciated knife. And much more uncommon than one might believe. And I don't have to tell you that the Tractenberg knives are among the best preserved, most complete examples available.

An excerpt from my research on the 154OT:

The Schrade 154OT Drop Point Hunter is a uncommon classic Schrade pattern Old Timer fixed blade. The 154OT was the fifth fixed blade Old Timer when it was first introduced in 1976 (15OT-'64, 165OT-'67, 41OT-'71, 152OT-'73) and was produced for only thirteen years before being discontinued in it's original form. It was first manufactured after the Schrade-Walden name had been changed to Schrade Cutlery (in mid 1973), so will only be found with the "SCHRADE U.S.A. 154OT" tangstamp on regular production knives. In the 1976 Schrade Cutlery catalog it listed for $14.95 and simply called “Drop Point”, though in a magazine ad, it was called “Drop Point Hunter. In 1987, the name was expanded to “Drop Point Hunter” in the catalog. It listed for $22.95 in the 1988 catalog (but could be found for less from the mass marketers). Oddly, I have an early woodgrain box (circa 1984) where the knife is called “Drop Point Sharpfinger”.

Codger

That explains why the link doesn't work anymore:confused::D:D

Hi ruisseau de montagne,

It seems the last part of your post was omitted after the ....
Would you mind finishing it for me?

Have I offended? Thanks! Howie

Howie, no offense, he was just letting us know that the original post is 4 years old. Most folks, myself included, don't look at the dates and assume that it's a recent thread, then wonder why the heck the Ebay link isn't working. It helps to say something like "Just dredging this old thread up because I love the pattern" or something to that extent, that way us brain challenged folks don't have to sit staring perplexedly at our monitors for hours on end.;):D

Eric

Last edited:
My apologies to all for the mis-step
and thanks for the schoolin' on posting etiquette

At least Irv's links links still work - so it's not a totally wasted trip!!

Howie

When I post pictures, I use photobucket, and if I delete them in photobucket, they also disappear here. Is there a way to do it so that they become permanent on the forum?

Back