Finding A XM-18 3" Pond Water Scale

I know that most people can't stand the "pond water" scale, but I really want one. The desire is based on a combination of things. First, the scale appears to be begging for someone to love and nurture it, and well, I am just that kind of guy.:) Second, my 8 year old daughter and 5 year old son will think that it is super cool.:cool: Finally, my wife will remain in a state of disbelief and mild frustration for months after I purchase it, which I will thoroughly enjoy.:D

Now all I need to know is where I can get one. Any ideas?

Per this thread you should be able to contact Rob via PM or email (rob@rickhindererknives.com) and he will hook you up.

[My bad. I missed the fact that you have a 3". Sorry if I got your hopes up.]

∞

Last edited:
As far as I have been able to tell, the pond water scales were only made in 3.5" versions. I do not think they have ever made them in the 3" version.

Your chasing a ghost. No 3" pond water scales were ever made.
Rob, is this the case? If so, would you guys consider doing a one off 3" pond water scale? And if I am lucky enough to have the answer to the last question as a "yes", how much would it cost? Thanks.

Rob, is this the case? If so, would you guys consider doing a one off 3" pond water scale? And if I am lucky enough to have the answer to the last question as a "yes", how much would it cost? Thanks.

If Hinderer will not do one, I would PM Barry H. He may be able to make a pond water one. In fact, I Know he would do one of the finest quality, its just if he can get that color ! Perer R is another top maker as well. I have a scale from Barry H for a large regular sebenza. Its the best I have seen and it the same quality as a Hinderer scale.

Tom:
Thanks for the suggestions on custom makers. Rob sent me a pm and the 3" pond water scale is indeed a ghost. He said that they make their scales in batches and probably won't start new ones until the beginning of the year. I will remain hopeful that the pond water is included.

Well guys, as you know I was bummed when I found out that there was no 3" pond water scale, so I went and did the next best thing. I contacted Jeff Carte ("The Sun" here on BF) and sent him paint shopped picks of a scale that I wanted him to create for me with some glowy goodness. As you can see he did an incredible job. I may not have the pond, but I have the fish that died in it.:D

fishy1.jpg

fishy2.jpg

fishy3.jpg

I saw this scale earlier today in another section of the forum. I love it! Very nice design and the Glowing is too cool!

WOW, That came out great. He definately does great work. The glow is nice and uniform as well. Really Cool !!! I know you wanted a 3" pond water ( maybe they will make one somday ), until then, you got something even better, one you came up with yourself !!!

Iv'e been crying for a 3" Pond Water scale for a while now but Rob told me no.

Back