Finger Grooves or no Finger Grooves

Hey Everyone, couple of questions. I have this past year ordered a few
110's from the factory, about 50/50 as to some with finger grooves and some without. Going to order a 110, cherrywood scales, 420HC mirror polish blade, nickel bolsters, no rivets...try to make a simple, understated elegant look with this one. Should I go with finger grooves or not? Has anyone seen the cherrywood from Buck Customs? Is it dull or polished looking?

Also on E-bay, there is a 110, circa 2001, with a "fusion ion" coat on the blade. Gives the blade a goldish hue. Has anyone seen this before? Is it a rare piece? Bid is at $100.

Appreciate the input...thanks everybody...........

My take on fingergrooves is that they make the 110 knife grip thinner...I have longer thinner fingers, so I don't need the slimming...not on an EDC...

But it does give a different look, so the custom 110 I plan on ordering will have them...but that knife will be a closet queen... ;)

I've got one ordered and it was to be a classy carrier. I'm wondering now however about the no rivet thing. Do you know how the scales are attached? Will it be less durable than the rivet models?

Mine has no finger grooves and most days I think they have a better look and are more practical. Some days though...:thumbup:

Okay, I've read in another post about glue being used and that it's tough enough. Hope so!

I prefer finger grooves - I have both a 112 and a 110 with grooves and they're great (I was first inspired to purchase them after buying a 422 and a 426, Bucklite models, years ago - they have grooves). But it's a personal decision...

If possible, I'd advise you to handle a grooved 110 or 112 before buying just to see how the ergonomics feel to you.

Whether or not to get a 110 with finger grooves depends on the knife as far as I'm concerned. I have an older stag 110 that would not look good with them, but then I have a custom 110 with KOA flame wood scales that looks fantastic with finger grooves. As MG_Saldivar has said...it is really a personal decision. Why not get both and enjoy! :D :D

panmann said:
Hey Everyone, couple of questions. I have this past year ordered a few
110's from the factory, about 50/50 as to some with finger grooves and some without. Going to order a 110, cherrywood scales, 420HC mirror polish blade, nickel bolsters, no rivets...try to make a simple, understated elegant look with this one. Should I go with finger grooves or not? Has anyone seen the cherrywood from Buck Customs? Is it dull or polished looking?

Also on E-bay, there is a 110, circa 2001, with a "fusion ion" coat on the blade. Gives the blade a goldish hue. Has anyone seen this before? Is it a rare piece? Bid is at $100.

Appreciate the input...thanks everybody...........

I have a Cherrywood 110 that I won on E-bay and I wood call the wood polished.

Tom

Back