Finished Custom Orders- 2020

No word yet, sent in both individual emails and the email he has on his website. Haven't called yet and may be the next step. He's always been a pleasure chatting with on the phone and talking family, knives, etc., just hope all's well. Still see some weekly sales posted so assume he's still up/running but curious on these 3V orders placed early last year as there's been no updates to his switch over to Cruwear that he posted in a news update email earlier this year.

I still don’t really know what to say, I’m shocked! Normally I don’t like to cause a stink but I’m starting to wonder if anyone is getting their orders. Don’t see anyone post mail calls or anything here or Instagram... he hasn’t even been on blade forums in over a month yet is a mod? Starting to feel like we all just donated 50 each.

I still don’t really know what to say, I’m shocked! Normally I don’t like to cause a stink but I’m starting to wonder if anyone is getting their orders. Don’t see anyone post mail calls or anything here or Instagram... he hasn’t even been on blade forums in over a month yet is a mod? Starting to feel like we all just donated 50 each.
I paid full price up front and don't consider this a donation although I get your point. I want the knife or better yet a full refund. This community is not that large so let these posts be a warning to others. Adam could make it right but not if he is not engaging.

Has anyone tried to bring this up in his social media sites? Good luck.

I had to go look through my emails. It was March of 2020 when I made my order ($50 deposit + $8.42 for shipping). I understood there was a wait and I made the order before I was aware of this maker’s reputation. Nevertheless, I casually checked for updates for a time and then I just plain forgot.

I’ve heard nothing from him and when I’ve thought about it, I just figured it was a lesson learned on my part - I hope he got a few coffees or beers from my $58.42.

Hope springs eternal, hope you get some news. When was his last post here?

Hi guys,
does somebody know if Mr. Gray is still working as a knifemaker? I have ordered my XL Bushcrafter back in October 2017 an paid the full amount of USD 307.91 including shipment in advance. Supposedly, Mr. Gray shipped the knife last year but I never received the knife and he could not give me a tracking number. Unfortunately he does not answer my emails anymore.
Philipp

Yep really bums me out with no feedback at all. I'm still waiting from September 2020 for my custom. There's gotta be something we can do as a group to bring attention to this. I'm sure he gets alerts when someone posts on this fourm.

A lot of word salad in that "update". It smells just like Koster and Survive when they whip up some word salads periodically to try and explain away the lack of communication and absence of meaningful progress on knife orders.

In the end, we just want to know "1.) Are you still making my knife? Yes? 2.)When will it be done? 3.) Please keep me apprised of your progress." We don't want endless excuses, many of us have been around long enough to have heard them all.

Same song, second verse. This happened the last time Mr. Gray took custom orders. He is obviously a talented maker, but sucks at managing his order list or work load. I sincerely hope you guys get your knives, and I do believe you will, it's just going to take 4 years instead of 1.

Hi guys,
does somebody know if Mr. Gray is still working as a knifemaker? I have ordered my XL Bushcrafter back in October 2017 an paid the full amount of USD 307.91 including shipment in advance. Supposedly, Mr. Gray shipped the knife last year but I never received the knife and he could not give me a tracking number. Unfortunately he does not answer my emails anymore.
Philipp
This happened to me too. Ordered in 2017 and last year was told he had done all those commissions. He had no tracking information to prove it and I could find no photo on IG showing completion.

Back