FINNALLY starting to get around to build the grinder

I am usually lurking on here but dont post much As of now My shop is starting to roll together wooo hoo As of now I have my propane forge working but it needs a bunch O' tweeking to run right but anyways....
I have to motor's I can use to build my belt grinder one pretty much brand new grizzly 1 hp @ 3200 rpm or a old dual shaft rockwell motor from the 50's I am un sure of its power my dad's has it but I can have it its huge though so it must be a 2 horse or something I think for the contact wheel I am using either a grizzly 8 or 10 or a 10 inch caster wheel I am unsure how I should set up the tracking and the platen yet but it ill all come together

I gotta get the spec's off the other motor....... My dad said he thinks its 1750 but I will check it out.... I will probley use the grizz for a buffer or something

An easy way to change the tracking on a motor is to set the motor on a mount that will pivot. The motor on my grinder has this setup. Nathan House is selling a 10" wheel also. I'll see if any of the pictures I have show my tracking setup.

Mark

Mark's tracking system is real sweet! I played with it at the Spring Hammer-In at TrackRock.

Rob gives 2 thumbs up.

Sincerely,
-Rob

Hey Rob,

Speaking of tracking systems and contact wheels. I got a quote the other day for the wheel we were discussing.........................
$2137:eek: :eek: :eek:

There has got to be a cheaper alternative.

Sorry about the hijack Bryce.

Mark

Holy Smokes! Wow, that's a ton of money! There's gotta be a better way.

-Rob

Back