Fire Extinguishers

I am wanting a Fire Extinguisher to keep outside in my Jeep and My shed. Question is ,,,what kind will stand up to long term freezing temps and still work? I contacted "KIDDE" but they never got back to me.
Thanks guys.

Dry chemical should work ..however the problem there is that it packs down and doesn't work properly. I haven't really dealt with that myself yet. You might try those big Wrangler parts places .

Never had any issues with my Kidde in freezing temps. The pressure gauge has always remained good. Kidde has a recall on the plastic handle models. I recently had two of mine replaced under the program. Check their web page for models recalled.

Dry chem is just fine. It does pack down if it sits for a long time. Once a month, or so, just tap and shake it to keep the powder loose.

I went with Kidde for mine, primarily because they're rechargeable units rather than disposable.

I had one in my old truck for 12 years. It was already old when I threw it in the truck (in the cab not in the bed). 12 winters of below 0 and 12 summers of 90+. When I got rid of the truck I was getting rid of the fire estinguisher. I wanted to see if it would still work and it did fine. I think it was a Kidde.

Back