First Annual Pay It Forward Buildoff

My knife has been sold and the funds have been payed forward!!!! Thanks to everyone involved....Lorien...i am already stoked to do the next one lol. I should have a few under my belt by then.

Mike

Nice Job MIKE!

I knew the right person would come along, it's a beautiful knife and amazing work!

Ryan, i have to give you a HUGE thank you for the awesome photos you did for me....You did an amazing job, and made the sale possible.

that's awesome Mike! I'm so glad to hear it.

Guys, I started that thread; http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/879094-Pay-it-Forward-2011?p=9962934#post9962934
please go there and feel free to write up a little something about your experience. I will start posting pictures of your knives tomorrow.

To date, I have photos from three makers of their finished knife. I hope to wrap the thread up at the end of September, so the rest of you better get cracking!
And don't forget to email your photos to me!

I sent Lorien a PM and he agrees that it is about time to un-sticky this thread.

So, if there are no objections, I will un-sticky it on Tuesday.

I want to say that this seems to have gone well. Looking forward to seeing the next one.

Thank you Stacy. I appreciate your trust, and your assistance.
I hope that you will consider partaking in the fun next year!

Come on guys! Check out the finished thread over in Custom and handmade! Would love to see some more finished knives and hear about the PIF part!

Just a non-update... my knife isn't finished yet, got q few ducks to get in a row first and really swamped with work. But don't worry, I haven't forgotten! :D

thursday before last I went down at speed on the trail and the bar got wrenched so violently that both my wrists are hurtin for certain. I can do a little filing here and there on my shank, but realistically, I don't think I'll have full use of my hands for at least a couple more weeks. Sucks, cuz for now I have to walk to work. But it's really hard work now to do any work on my knife.
But I'm still anglin to have my PiF knife done by the end of the month. Even found a worthy PiF recipient.

Ouch I feel for you, i have never done in the wrists that way, but I have beaten up my body while on the bike. Or should I say in various stages of getting off the bike:p

Heal up quick

hey guys, just bringing this thread back up to let you all know it's still on!
Let's see some more finished knives, eh!

I'm really tryin here, and it looks like I'm gettin closer!

IMG_5825.jpg

IMG_5826.jpg

it really just comes down to puttin my head down and just working on this thing. I'm finally wrapping up another project which I started first and so what time I do have to spend in the garage can now revolve around my PiF knife.

WOW Lorien, that looks great! looks like a Boshi in the works? Hope the wrist feels better soon.

I'm going to try my best to get mine done it time, too (it's FINALLY acting like it might start cooling down a little here!) I plan to do the heat treat tomorrow.

well, I've gotten photos of finished knives from 3 guys out of the 14 who signed on for this project.
It would be really nice to see at least a couple more completed knives by the deadline, which is the end of this month.

We had a few slightly cooler days in a row, but it's been back up to 105 this week so I haven't been able to put in any significant shop time. Unfortunately it's unlikely that I'll be finished with mine by the end of the month.

Back