First Benchmade...love it!

Flint Hills

Gold Member
I just got my first Benchmade, a 555HG. I'm very impressed by the Axis lock and how the blade just swings freely when it's pulled back. Also a little humbled by it, nearly cut myself already...

I most often prefer traditional knives but I've gotten into moderns recently. I've had quite a few Spyderco's and I do love the Techno, but the rest I wasn't super impressed by (and their customer service was less than good in my experience.)

The Mini Grip gets a big thumbs up from me and I could see myself buying another variant (or 2 :))of it. If I buy any new modern knives it will probably be a Benchmade. I'm very happy with it!

Nice choice, ive also wondered what it would be like to own one, im very intrigued by the axis lock mechanism, how much does the mini grip go for again?

Nice choice, ive also wondered what it would be like to own one, im very intrigued by the axis lock mechanism, how much does the mini grip go for again?

The Axis lock is my favorite lock I've tried so far, which isn't really a lot. I've had lockbacks, liner locks and frame locks. The Axis lock is so easy to use and super smooth. It seems safer to use one handed since you don't have to put your fingers in the path of the blade like you do on liner locks/frame locks.

I'm not sure on the price, I think around $80...? I got mine as part of a combo trade deal here on the trade emporium.

Yep, I just recently got interested in collecting knives and the Benchmade Adamas is what got interested. I have always carried a good pocket knife since I was a kid, a knife was just always a tool to me though. It still is but.......anyway. I carried a Kershaw Boa for over 10 years then after a ton of research decided to get the Adamas. The Axis lock was one of the main factors. I had never even seen an Axis lock knife before. I also like the Spyderco ball bearing lock but the look of spyderco knives just doesn't do it for me.

Look hard enough and you can find one in the $60-70 range. With that said, I highly recommend the ritter version. They're a bit more expensive, at around $100, but I think it's worth it for a steel upgrade and a slice-ier blade profile.

Back