First Blood: The Knife

"Garmisch near the border of Austria", :eek: You lucky bugger!!! Spent Christmas of 1977 there, 10 days admin leave when I was in the Army, (old 8th ID up in Mainz). 1981 went to Arctic Warrior/Survival training in Alaska and I new I would come back. Got out in 1984 & Well 30 years later I'm still here. Garmisch is one of the most special places' I have ever been and I will always have wonderful memories of it. Skiing the Zug:thumbup: Brother that was one of the main reasons I left Texas and moved to Alaska.

"Garmisch near the border of Austria", :eek: You lucky bugger!!! Spent Christmas of 1977 there, 10 days admin leave when I was in the Army, (old 8th ID up in Mainz). 1981 went to Arctic Warrior/Survival training in Alaska and I new I would come back. Got out in 1984 & Well 30 years later I'm still here. Garmisch is one of the most special places' I have ever been and I will always have wonderful memories of it. Skiing the Zug:thumbup: Brother that was one of the main reasons I left Texas and moved to Alaska.

Right on, Russ! Garmisch is still a winter wonderland and I step out my door to the base of the Kramer mountain. The funny thing is living here makes me miss Alaska! Lived in Homer, Anchorage and Fairbanks for brief times in my life. Watching Dick Proenneke footage really makes me want to return to Alaska.

Interesting fact: My father was a LRRP in Vietnam(ranger/SF). Closest thing to Rambo's character in real life. The "real" Rambo knives they were issued were Randalls. He still has it.

A friend of mine who owns several Randall and uses them (and actually broke one), once said that Busse "is kind of like the modern day Randall". I think that's pretty high praise and fairly accurate, only I don't see him breaking INFI. I tracked him down a Bandicoot. Can't get him hooked on the big choppers :)

GregB

Interesting fact: My father was a LRRP in Vietnam(ranger/SF). Closest thing to Rambo's character in real life. The "real" Rambo knives they were issued were Randalls. He still has it.

I still have mine and its Razor Sharp like my Busse's....:thumbup: one of the few good things from that time....

Back