First CRK Knife! Help me decide

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to pick up my first CRK knife and am debating on whether to pick up the small Insingo with micarta inlays or a large insingo/inkosi drop point. I generally gravitate towards smaller edc knives but have yet to try something under 7 inches. If it helps, I prefer the para 3 a lot more than the para 2 and my gayle bradley 1 is around the upper length limit I'd prefer to carry for edc.

If you could share you insight and experience onto this matter, I'd really appreciate it.

My preference would be the small insingo micarta inlay. I have it in a drop point and it is one of my favorite knives-great little EDC.

I'll echo what others have said, based on your comments the Small 21 Insingo is the way to go. I do love a good Tanto grind and the CRK small Sebenza 21 Tanto is awesome, but more of a challenge if you need to sharpen.

I agree with the other posters that a smaller version is probably the way to go for you. Yesterday, I sent back a small Sebenza. As much as I liked it, even with my small hands I thought I needed more to grip on. It killed me because it was a raindrop Damascus. What a beauty!

On the small Sebenza my pinkie finger had to rest on the butt of the knife, or on the lanyard. For me it just wasn't comfortable. I do have a large Sebenza. I love it, but for urban EDC, it probably is a bit big. I got inlays on it, to make it look a little fancier.

My next CRK will be a large Insingo. But others here will tell you that in the end most CRK lovers end up getting several models and sizes:). Take the leap and buy a CRK knife and it will last you a lifetime. My, other brand production knifes pale in comparison to the quality of the CRK knife I own.

Let us know how you fare on the purchase and how you like it.

Took these pictures recently for a fellow forum member who wanted to compare a Small Sebenza and Inkosi with a Para 3, side by side. Not sure if it will help your decision, but I thought you might want to see them. The inlays on the Sebenza fill the hand a bit more than the PJ version, but the CRKs take up less real estate in the pocket without sacrificing much usable blade length, compared to the Para 3. Best of luck with your choice!

I haven't handled a small sebenza in years (pre-"21"); but, at the time, I thought it was too small.
I don't really care for the large 21; though (for me) the inlays are a huge improvement over the pj. The large inkosi feels better in (MY) hand...so my recommendation would be for the large micarta inkosi; but only you can say if that extra 1/3 of an inch (over the GB1) is out of your range.
The Advocate is pretty much the same length as the GB1, so here you go:
kOz58Jq.jpg

irGfPWL.jpg

Last edited:
Back