First CRK?

My first CRK was the Zaan. I only have one. Since then, I've bought, traded, sold about eight Sebbies. I still have two Sebs left: the Classic and a model 21.
I've mostly carried the Zaan although it is a two-hand knife for me to close. Yes, I'm unusual. A stronger lock-blade, not enough cutout room to put thumb-pressure on the lockbar, and my being a senior-senior...all contribute to this problem. But it's no big deal and I love the blade-shape of my Zaan. Nevertheless, I do enjoy the Seb, since it is so smooth and easy to deploy. I'm still hungering for a large Insingo to try out, but that will come.

My first CRK was the Zaan. I only have one. Since then, I've bought, traded, sold about eight Sebbies. I still have two Sebs left: the Classic and a model 21.
I've mostly carried the Zaan although it is a two-hand knife for me to close. Yes, I'm unusual. A stronger lock-blade, not enough cutout room to put thumb-pressure on the lockbar, and my being a senior-senior...all contribute to this problem. But it's no big deal and I love the blade-shape of my Zaan. Nevertheless, I do enjoy the Seb, since it is so smooth and easy to deploy. I'm still hungering for a large Insingo to try out, but that will come.

I was watching a test done by neptune knives (yes i get he is a bit of a curmudgeon) with a seb and an umnumzaan and the sebenza actually had a stronger lock-up. He says it was from the ball bearing not having as much contact with the blade as a simple slab of titanium (less friction). Not that either had a weak lock-up but in the end i would still prefer to have that ball bearing as to reduce wear on titanium.

Honestly, don't buy that load that neptune drops. I say this for your own benefit.

With either knife you really have nothing to worry about. Just use the them. It's so incredibly simple without any hint of complexity. Just use them, don't overcomplicate it;)

That guy knows nothing about knives, materials or anything else for that matter. Really don't take anything you hear from there seriously in any way, he seems to even confuse him self.

I was watching a test done by neptune knives (yes i get he is a bit of a curmudgeon) with a seb and an umnumzaan and the sebenza actually had a stronger lock-up. He says it was from the ball bearing not having as much contact with the blade as a simple slab of titanium (less friction). Not that either had a weak lock-up but in the end i would still prefer to have that ball bearing as to reduce wear on titanium.

Call me crazy but I chose this as my first CRK (since seby 25 is 6-9 months away and small 25 is way-way away) nice traction on this one but not as smooth and fast as PM2 for example might need break in time or loosen the pivot a bit.

DSC_0258.jpg

Call me crazy but I chose this as my first CRK (since seby 25 is 6-9 months away and small 25 is way-way away) nice traction on this one but not as smooth and fast as PM2 for example might need break in time or loosen the pivot a bit.

DSC_0258.jpg

That is cool... though i personally would stick with the regular crisscross. For some reason the whole star-burst thing doesnt do it for me. Are you feeling the need for a Sebenza now?

When they (25s) come out I will get one still deciding large with micarta inlays or small with micarta inlays.
IMHO WC patter provides better traction than regular zaan pattern and it looks better YMMV

I totally love this knife so i went out and took these pics!
Also one quick question... when i was practicing closing it i brought the lock-bar a bit farther out than i think i should have, will it lose alot of tension from this?

20121006ae.jpg

20121006af.jpg

20121006ag.jpg

20121006ah.jpg

20121006al.jpg

20121006am.jpg

20121006ao.jpg

20121006aq.jpg

20121006as.jpg

Sorry if they are a bit repetitive but i was having fun with it.

Also a quick thanks to the member here who sold it to me.

Back