First dagger sheath

I've been wanting to make a leather sheath for a Bowie. Where do you get the post or peg at the top center? I want to set my sheath up for sash carry.

I've been wanting to make a leather sheath for a Bowie. Where do you get the post or peg at the top center? I want to set my sheath up for sash carry.
I found some neat little drawer knobs i plan on using i got mine at leevalley but im sure there are other places.

Called a Sam Browne stud. My local Tandy has em. I'm sure you can look online and find them. Don't forget the punch in the right size for the leather strap.

Called a Sam Browne stud. My local Tandy has em. I'm sure you can look online and find them. Don't forget the punch in the right size for the leather strap.
Thanks for the information. I want the peg primarily to keep the sheath from falling below the belt, no strap. Open top, just grab handle and remove the blade. The knife I want to make this sheath for is a Cold Steel Laredo Bowie. They actually used to come with a nice leather sheath with a peg already attatched. Now days its the plastic Securex that scratches the blade all to hell and dulls the edge every time you draw the knife!

Thank you. This place in the forum got me started roughly 2 1/2 years ago. Hand stitching. Admiring all of these talented guys on here totally inspired me, that and you tube training, I'm still learning and every sheath I try to improve over the one before.

Back