First Day of Christmas Deals

HI Key ring
Made of brass and white metal
$18

Tie Tac
$15 each

That key ring is great! Also wish I could talk my far better half into wearing one of the necklaces, they are gorgeous work.

Hi new here so I am interested in purchasing the 15.5 inch 27 ounce Gopte Knife by Dhan Kami. Dhar wood handle. $100 I believe that is the 5th one in l to r or second one up from the bottom in the pics above.
How do I go about paying for this and owning this awesome knife.

Thanks
Aaron

Hi new here so I am interested in purchasing the 15.5 inch 27 ounce Gopte Knife by Dhan Kami. Dhar wood handle. $100 I believe that is the 5th one in l to r or second one up from the bottom in the pics above.

Thanks
Aaron

Thanks
Aaron

Email yangdu at himimp@aol.com with the date of DOTD, and the item you'd like to purchase. She will respond with either "done deal" and the shipping cost, which means it yours; or the dreaded "long gone", which means someone else beat you it. The threads are not updated regularly to reflect "sold" status, the only way to be sure, is to email yangdu, and read the threads for EMS posts. If you get the "done Deal', add the shipping cost to the cost posted for the item, and remit payment via Paypal, or arrange another way to remit payment with Yangdu.

Welcome, and hope you get the item you are eyeing. If long gone, you can always ask Yangdu if she has another. Remember, this is a one person show, please be patient on awaiting responses. If after 72 hours, you receive no response, it is possible your email did not go through. If it happens post here, and one of the regulars will offer to forward your email to Yangdu, since we know ours are getting through.

Thanks
Aaron

cul hit the important points. General format I use is this:

M'aam,

If "Knife name" (copy and paste name/sale price from page)

Is still available, I'll take it.

Thanks,
Name

Bladeforums name, How you're paying (Paypal)

Shipping Address

As soon as you send that email, it's encouraged to come back to the thread and post "EMS Knife name" (just copy and paste from listing). Gives others a heads up, and keeps Yangdus' email from getting bogged down.

If I get a done deal, in the PP notes section I state what knife the payment's for, my shipping address and email addy, and give her a "PP sent" email back. The few times there's been a hold up, is because I left info out. So now I just copy everything so she's not having to hunt things down.

Wish you luck in acquiring something nifty in the upcoming days.

E: This place is great because it's like Wheel of Fortune, never have to wait long before something new and exciting pops up. Rootin' for you on the Gopte

Last edited:
Email yangdu at himimp@aol.com with the date of DOTD, and the item you'd like to purchase. She will respond with either "done deal" and the shipping cost, which means it yours; or the dreaded "long gone", which means someone else beat you it. The threads are not updated regularly to reflect "sold" status, the only way to be sure, is to email yangdu, and read the threads for EMS posts. If you get the "done Deal', add the shipping cost to the cost posted for the item, and remit payment via Paypal, or arrange another way to remit payment with Yangdu.

Welcome, and hope you get the item you are eyeing. If long gone, you can always ask Yangdu if she has another. Remember, this is a one person show, please be patient on awaiting responses. If after 72 hours, you receive no response, it is possible your email did not go through. If it happens post here, and one of the regulars will offer to forward your email to Yangdu, since we know ours are getting through.

Thanks so much for all the info I emailed now I wait. lol

Aaron

cul hit the important points. General format I use is this:

M'aam,

If "Knife name" (copy and paste name/sale price from page)

Is still available, I'll take it.

Thanks,
Name

Bladeforums name, How you're paying (Paypal)

Shipping Address

As soon as you send that email, it's encouraged to come back to the thread and post "EMS Knife name" (just copy and paste from listing). Gives others a heads up, and keeps Yangdus' email from getting bogged down.

If I get a done deal, in the PP notes section I state what knife the payment's for, my shipping address and email addy, and give her a "PP sent" email back. The few times there's been a hold up, is because I left info out. So now I just copy everything so she's not having to hunt things down.

Wish you luck in acquiring something nifty in the upcoming days.

E: This place is great because it's like Wheel of Fortune, never have to wait long before something new and exciting pops up. Rootin' for you on the Gopte

Thanks for the email format just sent her and now hoping. I just found the DOTD page and hope I can get in on the action. I hope I can get in on the gopte I have been looking at the regular site awhile but have not seen one like this yet.

Thanks
Aaron

Thanks for the email format just sent her and now hoping. I just found the DOTD page and hope I can get in on the action. I hope I can get in on the gopte I have been looking at the regular site awhile but have not seen one like this yet.

Thanks
Aaron

Welcome to the party Aaron. Every time new stuff is posted is like Christmas.

I just noticed the extra items that Yangdu added to the thread (necklaces, more T-shirts, more khuks...)
Shown below in case you didn't see them, either.

Shop and Save $$$$$

L to r

20 inch 23 ounce Chainpure Knife from Chainpur region. Carved wood sheath and handle. Beautiful gift knife at $100 even. *SOLD*

18 inch 26 ounce Thamar Dui Chirra by Thamar. Sisau wood handle. $95. *SOLD*

16 inch 28 ounce villager fit and finish WWII knife by Lachhu. Dark satisal wood handle. $90. *SOLD*

15.5 inch 23 ounce Ang Khola by Ram Lal Kami. Everest region rhododendron wood handle. $100.

15.5 inch 27 ounce Gopte Knife by Dhan Kami. Dhar wood handle. $100.

8.5 inch 5 ounce YCS Karda by Kumar. Horn handle. $45. *SOLD*

Cotton Jola for $20 *SOLD*
Great for day hike

Cotton Kathmandu Nepal T-shirt for $23 *SOLD*
Size 48 X-large

Nepali Shawl #1 for $20

Nepali Shawl #2 for $20

Wooden flute from Nepal at $20 *SOLD*

Necklace #1
$25

Necklace #2
$25

Necklace #3
$25

Necklace #4
$28

Necklace #5
$28

Necklace #6
$28

Kathmandu Nepal T-shirt $23
Large size

Dragon T-shirt $23
Med size

Thamar Dui chirra
weight 25 oz
Satisal wood handle
$95

Chiruwa Ang Khola by Kumar
Sadan wood handle
weight 32 oz
$115

Email to himimp@aol.com to get any or all
Happy Holidays!

I would like to thank all of you for that info as well. I just walked in and blundered around, now I can properly follow the protocol. Excited to be part of the forum. Been a side line weather for a couple years and an anxious to finally own one HIs craftsmen's knives.

Its like winning christmas got the gopte.
Thanks
Aaron

Congrats!

Have you read the safety thread yet? Can't overstress it. If you're new to khuks, be cautious when learning how it behaves.

Same thing as ax/hatchet safety, angle rule, etc. Ever had an ax head bounce out of a cut, imagine that but with 10-14" of edge and two pounds of steel behind it. These blades will punish you harshly if they're not treated with respect.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...t-and-Greatest-Safety-Thread-REQUIRED-READING!

The other stickies have some good info in them, proper chop technique, etc. Any other questions you have, feel free to ask away.

Word of warning, HI Steel can take some TLC depending on your climate. Nothing more than a responsible knife owner would do, just common sense stuff. Wipe the blade before sheathing, lube occassionally, etc. I've started cold-bluing my blades to fight the SC humidity, but forcing a patina with hot vinegar/mustard are good methods too.

Welcome to the wonderful world of HI.

Back