First DDR Custom on the way!

Hey guys. Just recently finalized a deal for a DDR custom Trigger! This will be my first custom folder and i'm extremely excited about it. It's not one of the newer Trigger Maze models but rather an older manual version with textured aluminum inserts ( I MUCH prefer manual folders). Anyone have a similar/identical one? I can only find pictures of ones with micarta inserts. Anyway just wanted to share what's to come. Anybody with a Trigger, pics are always welcome. I'll be sure to post some pictures of mine when I get it.

I think I know exactly the Trigger you're talking about. I'm a fan of manual knives myself. I think you will love that Trigger.

Congratulations! DDR customs are incredible knives -- a perfect combination of function and beauty. Enjoy! :thumbup:

Picked it up from the P.O. today. This is one of the most amazing folders I've handled let alone owned. The finish is incredible, the action is smooth and fast, and the ergonomics are great. VERY happy with it! Mr. Ralph (or anyone who knows), could you tell me about how many of these manual versions were produced? I can't find much info online. Thanks. OH, and of course, here is some eye candy.
DDRTrigger1.jpg

DDRTrigger2.jpg

DDRTrigger3.jpg

DDRTrigger4.jpg

DDRTrigger5.jpg

Such an awesome blade. Not sure on the number of manuals produced though. It's one of my favorite framelocks, and I don't even like framelocks.

Such an awesome blade. Not sure on the number of manuals produced though. It's one of my favorite framelocks, and I don't even like framelocks.

I love frame-locks but I could see why someone who doesn't would enjoy this one. Aside from just being a great knife all around, the aluminum inserts give it a more symmetrical appearance. I know for some people they just don't like the aesthetics of a frame-lock- almost looks like a liner lock at first glance.

the aluminum inserts give it a more symmetrical appearance. I know for some people they just don't like the aesthetics of a frame-lock- almost looks like a liner lock at first glance.
That's exactly my issue with framelocks. The only other framelock I like is the Mnandi for the same reasons.

That's exactly my issue with framelocks. The only other framelock I like is the Mnandi for the same reasons.

Yeah that seems to be the most common reason some people don't like frame-locks. I was in the same boat for a while but they grew on me and now I love them. I have to say though, I've tried a lot of them and this Trigger is one of the most well-executed frame-locks. The lock-up is PERFECT and it isn't "sticky" in the least bit. It's also the first one I have seen that is carbidized on the tang where it contacts the stop pin which is a great idea.

Hot damn. That's one helluva knife. You almost can't tell that's it's a framelock.

Darrel knocked that one out of the park. Congrats, man!

Thank you! I agree, Darrel did an amazing job on this one. I wasn't able to capture it very well on camera but the titanium is stonewashed on the edges and polished on the flats- the contrast looks awesome in person.

Thank you! I agree, Darrel did an amazing job on this one. I wasn't able to capture it very well on camera but the titanium is stonewashed on the edges and polished on the flats- the contrast looks awesome in person.

That sounds even better!

I can't wait to see what Darrel cooks up for my AXD that's on order!

That sounds even better!

I can't wait to see what Darrel cooks up for my AXD that's on order!

Be sure to post some pictures when it arrives. I've been looking at the AXD.

Nice !
Have you got a picture of the frame-part please ?

I'll post a picture in just a few minutes. Edit: my computer isn't reading my memory card for some reason. I apologize. Once I get a new card, I'll take a pic.

Last edited:
Back