First Fletcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

87Burban

Gold Member
View attachment 666730

Folks,

Got my first Fletcher today.

Can someone provide some info on this model ?

Blade length is 6"

Balance is outstanding

I believe this is O1 ?

Also, can someone recommend a reliable place to get a "spa" treatment done.

Any help is appreciated :)

Not really sure what a 'spa' treatment for a knife consists of - so hopefully someone else can answer that one for you - but what I can say is I own a Delta 5 and it's a really nice blade.

Historically Dylan doesn't consider sharpened spines worthwhile, which is a shame because an awful lot of people would disagreed (myself included), but beyond that his knives are highly sought after. The Kydex sheath is very well done, the blade is extremely sharp and the overall craftsmanship is quite evident. The handle is a bit too thin for my chewbacca sized hands, but beyond that I have no real complaints.

Thanks for the info.

By "spa treatment" I mean remove the patina, and ensure a correct edge is restored.

I believe this may be the Fk-3 model, but am seeking info / clarification by those with knowledge....

Last edited:
View attachment 666730

Folks,

Got my first Fletcher today.

Can someone provide some info on this model ?

Blade length is 6"

Balance is outstanding

I believe this is O1 ?

Also, can someone recommend a reliable place to get a "spa" treatment done.

Any help is appreciated :)

Wow! You got ahold of an old one! That is a Tango. Handle material will be canvas micarta. There's a chance that the pins are actually titanium 1/4" tube. Blade steel is either O-1 or A2. Almost positive it's O-1. Woke I don't do a spa service, that knife still is coveted under the warranty forever. I think I also got an email from you that I was getting ready to answer. I'll elaborate in that one. Congrats on the score. That's a discontinued knife and a piece of Fletcher Knives history. Very cool!

Thanks for the response.

The quality is definitely there - I just want to uncover the beauty :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back