First Geocache found In Connecticut

Discussion in 'Wilderness & Survival Skills' started by SuzukiGS750EZ, Mar 3, 2010.

1. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ

Dec 30, 2008
    Hey guys. I found my first geocache with my girlfriend and my friend the other day. They were taking a waterbreak and i decided to walk ahead a little and upon waiting i saw a rock face i wanted to climb (later found an easier path around the corner haha). Anyways, i pulled myself up and saw the box and recognized it from the bladeforums. Soooo then i went ballistic and explained to them what it was. I stumbled upon it without even looking, i never really thought id go out looking for one let alone stumble upon it. It was my girlfriends first hike and now she's hooked on hiking and the idea of geocache spotting. We left a few matches but took nothing. It was at Peters Memorial woods in Clinton, CT. Here are a few pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Enjoy

2. theedge13

theedge13

Feb 11, 2008
    is that a toy car in tehre? in blue? cool find man!

3. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ

Dec 30, 2008
    Yupp. I know. Don't people normally find them with GPS? I felt like i had madddd skillz :) haha. Heres one more pic. [​IMG]

4. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ

Dec 30, 2008
    The picture above the one with the knife stuck in the tree is where the geocache was located. My girlfriend says don't pay attention to her it was a bummin day and i kind of do candid photography haha.

5. awad

awad

Oct 16, 2009
    i cannot find any of these without my girlfriend. i'll be out in the area for like 30 minutes while shes just laughing at me. then i'll ask for help and within a minute she's found it.

6. dboles

dboles

Mar 6, 2007
    Cool find Geocaching is a fun actvity with a GPS also.Check it out
    Gets you to places that you would never find.If Im off to somewhere I always check out to see whats there for geocaching
    Dan'l

7. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ

Dec 30, 2008
    Well i didn't know they were on that trail. I had heard about them on the forums but never really had a desire to find them because i do not own a GPS nor do i know anything about them haha. But finding a random one definately sparked our interest.

8. iBlade

iBlade

Jul 24, 2008
    Nice find, my dog came running out of sume bush with a cache in his mouth the other day, i had to ring the owner to get it back in place because I had no idea where it came from!

9. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ

Dec 30, 2008
    Hahaha, i can imagine that now. What a great dog!