First Handmade Knives

BladeMan

Lhotak Knives
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hi all,

after designing knives for over 20 years i thought it was time to actually start making them myself (and after re-working this two blades -> LINK).

I always loved Titanium for various reason and still love it so i will exclusively making Titanium knives. Kudos to Mecha from MadScienceForge for providing me with some old Russian Ti Alloy and doing the HT. In a couple months when i have a workshop i'll do - or try to - the HT myself using Mechas HT protocol which i kinda licensed to use (Thanks Buddy!). :)

All those knives were made with just a Hacksaw, Files and Sandpaper. Only powertools included was a drill press for the holes and an angle grinder for the orange peeling.

So after updating some of my older desgins, i started with small neck knives - which i also always loved - and made this two together. OAL is 140 mm / 5.5".

RL1-Duo_01.jpg

RL1-Duo_02.jpg

After those were kind of successful i went a bit bigger and made my third knife, OAL 165 mm / 6.5"

RL2-EDC_01.jpg

RL2-EDC_02.jpg

RL2-EDC_03.jpg

RL2-EDC_04.jpg

And this is my fourth knife, handle is ivory micarta, screws and pivot barrel Titanium. OAL 250 mm / 9.85"
Flats are 1000 grit satin, bevels orange peeled, perimeter and micarta 400 grit.
Should have cleaned it better before the pics though. :D

RL4-OutDoor_01.jpg

RL4-OutDoor_02.jpg

RL4-OutDoor_03.jpg

RL4-OutDoor_04.jpg

RL4-OutDoor_05.jpg

RL4-OutDoor_06.jpg

RL4-OutDoor_07.jpg

RL4-OutDoor_08.jpg

So what do you guys think?

Next project is an updated, bigger and cooler version of my Boker Patriot Backlock, in all Titanium. :D

Last edited:
Damn man, you're making me look bad. Can the next few be at least a little crappy, please? o_O:D Just kidding. They look great, especially that last one. The angular handle looks amazing. The ALL titanium lockback is the one I'm really looking forward to seeing most.

Hi all,

after designing knives for over 20 years i thought it was time to actually start making them myself (and after re-working this two blades -> LINK).

I always loved Titanium for various reason and still love it so i will exclusively making Titanium knives. Kudos to Mecha from MadScienceForge for providing me with some old Russian Ti Alloy and doing the HT. In a couple months when i have a workshop i'll do - or try to - the HT myself using Mechas HT protocol which i kinda licensed to use (Thanks Buddy!). :)

All those knives were made with just a Hacksaw, Files and Sandpaper. Only powertools included was a drill press for the holes and an angle grinder for the orange peeling.

So after updating some of my older desgins, i started with small neck knives - which i also always loved - and made this two together. OAL is 140 mm / 5.5".

RL1-Duo_01.jpg

RL1-Duo_02.jpg

After those were kind of successful i went a bit bigger and made my third knife, OAL 165 mm / 6.5"

RL2-EDC_01.jpg

RL2-EDC_02.jpg

RL2-EDC_03.jpg

RL2-EDC_04.jpg

And this is my fourth knife, handle is ivory micarta, screws and pivot barrel Titanium. OAL 250 mm / 9.85"
Flats are 1000 grit satin, bevels orange peeled, perimeter and micarta 400 grit.
Should have cleaned it better before the pics though. :D

RL4-OutDoor_01.jpg

RL4-OutDoor_02.jpg

RL4-OutDoor_03.jpg

RL4-OutDoor_04.jpg

RL4-OutDoor_05.jpg

RL4-OutDoor_06.jpg

RL4-OutDoor_07.jpg

RL4-OutDoor_08.jpg

So what do you guys think?

Next project is an updated, bigger and cooler version of my Boker Patriot Backlock, in all Titanium. :D
Excellent work, and a little sexy too!
The BT-23 is tough stuff, how did you
get the orange peel?

Thanks guys! :)

Mecha Mecha , LOL. Thanks! I'll try to make the next few crappy

'Iokua 'Iokua , i do a hand satin to at least 400 grit and then barely touch the blade with a fine steel wire wheel on an angle grinder with speed control on the lowest RPM. This takes a while but it's worth it for me, as this orange peel is very very fine and
homogeneous. With a 240 or even a 320 grit you will see the satin grind lines through the orange peeling.

On the neck knives i did a rougher one with more pressure and higher speed and took it to a 240 grit only before it.

Really really like the look of the Orange Peel, have some ideas with anodizing that i will try out on the next knives. Plus, it's very durable and scratch resistant, a downside of satin finished Ti is, it gets micro scratches just by looking at it.

EVERYTHING: Design, build, leather, photography, logo, presentation, etc. speaks quality.

Bravo! Wow.

The only thing leaving me wanting more is your anonymity. :cool: Reveal yourself BladeMan BladeMan . :thumbsup: :)

Wow!!! So these are your first knives! Makes me feel bad thinking of my first knives
I like the one with the white scales

Regards
Nicolas

EVERYTHING: Design, build, leather, photography, logo, presentation, etc. speaks quality.

Bravo! Wow.

The only thing leaving me wanting more is your anonymity. :cool: Reveal yourself BladeMan BladeMan . :thumbsup: :)

Don't do it, BladeMan! :eek:

You already have the super hero name, BladeMan, if you take off the mask then you'll lose your super powers!

Pwz486Z.jpg

Thanks guys! :)

Mecha Mecha , LOL. Thanks! I'll try to make the next few crappy

'Iokua 'Iokua , i do a hand satin to at least 400 grit and then barely touch the blade with a fine steel wire wheel on an angle grinder with speed control on the lowest RPM. This takes a while but it's worth it for me, as this orange peel is very very fine and
homogeneous. With a 240 or even a 320 grit you will see the satin grind lines through the orange peeling.

On the neck knives i did a rougher one with more pressure and higher speed and took it to a 240 grit only before it.

Really really like the look of the Orange Peel, have some ideas with anodizing that i will try out on the next knives. Plus, it's very durable and scratch resistant, a downside of satin finished Ti is, it gets micro scratches just by looking at it.
Keep up the great work, can't wait to see some anodized orange peel.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back